22 Movies Lots Of Guys Will Drop What They’re Doing To Watch

Fight-Club-Brad-Pitt

Even if it’s half way through and they’ve seen it 16 times before.

Originally appeared at BuzzFeed

1. Die Hard – “Come out to the coast, we’ll get together, have a few laughs…”
2. Rudy – “No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.”
3. Tombstone – “I’m your huckleberry”
4. Slap Shot – “Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country’s refusal to accept him, well, I guess that’s more than most 21-year-olds can handle… Ogie Ogilthorpe!”

Universal Pictures

Universal Pictures

5. Terminator – “Come with me if you want to live.”
6. Gladiator – “Win the crowd and win your freedom.”
7. First Blood – “Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You’re lucky to be breathing.”
8. Major League – “JUST a bit outside.”
9. Blazing Saddles – “That’s HEDLEY!”

Warner Bros. Pictures

Warner Bros. Pictures

10. Happy Gilmore – “You’re gonna die, clown!”
11. Animal House – “Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Habor?”
12. Commando – “You’re a funny guy Sully, I like you. That’s why I’m going to kill you last.”

20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox

13. Field of Dreams – “This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn.”
14. Road House – “I’ll get all the sleep I need when I’m dead.”
15. Better Off Dead – “Two dollars!”
16. Step Brothers – “Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.”

Columbia Pictures

Columbia Pictures

17. Predator – “I ain’t got time to bleed.”
18. Revenge of the Nerds – “What the fuck’s a frush?”
19. Big Trouble in Little China – “A six demon bag. Sensational. What’s in it, Egg?”
20. Fight Club – “His name was Robert Paulson.”
21. Enter the Dragon – “My style? You can call it the art of fighting without fighting.”
22. Bull Durham – “This son of a bitch is throwing a two-hit shutout. He’s shaking me off. You believe that shit? Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.”

For 45 more guy movies, visit BuzzFeed

Comments

1. Jonathan G says:

Wow, I just discovered that I’m not a guy. Who knew?! Half of the movies on this list, I do not wish to see ever.

• Tom Brechlin says:

Jonathan G … me and you both. Although I’ve seen all of these before, I sure as heck wouldn’t drop what I’m doing to see them again.

• Jennifer G. says:

Female here, have seen only one of these movies. Die Hard. Would not bother to watch it again, even if being paid to watch.

• John Anderson says:

Animal House and Terminator are two of my all time favorites. I wouldn’t necessarily drop what I’m doing to watch something I can easily purchase. Did I miss The Magnificent Seven and Road Warrior? I didn’t notice any vampire (Underworld?) or zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead )? What about Police Academy or Army of Darkness? Of course, I’d have to include Mannequin.

2. Theorema Egregium says:

I have seen 2 of those movies whole (twice, each) and of two more I have seen the second half. That gives me about 3 points out of 25. Does that mean I lose my man card or am I just escaped out of the man box?

• Jonathan G says:

I dunno, they haven’t asked for my man card back, but I haven’t been getting the meeting notices from The Patriarchy lately. I’m not sure what it means, either.

3. David Wise says:

That’s a pretty good list, only two movies on it I haven’t seen.

4. Jenna Silver says:

Hmm. I have seen 13 of these, several to the point of memorization (Big Trouble in Little China, Gladiator, Commando, Tombstone, Terminator and Die Hard) and I am a 64 year old woman. But considering I raised three boys and a husband through the 80s and 90s, I am not too surprised :)

So…I qualify for my Man Card??

5. Rafael Castillo says:

I’m really sure I’m a guy, but 6 of those movies I wouldn’t care to see again and 2 I would never want to see…

6. Don Mousted says:

I’m a guy and have seen most of those movies once. The only two of the bunch that I’ll watch anytime, without question are “Field of Dreams” and “Bull Durham.”

7. THE GODFATHER’S NOT ON THIS LIST?!?

• Jennifer G. says:

The Godfather. Good catch. And no Clint Eastwood movies, such as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

8. Great. So that just means Hollywood thinks they can keep making shitty movies and at least 50% of the population will make millions for them. Give me fried green tomatoes any day. Color purple. At least tell a damn story.

9. I wouldn’t say that the list is exact but I would add “Fletch” and “Groundhog Day”.

10. andrew says:

geez dont get so butthurt people.. he just said that “lots of guys” watch them.. nothing about a man card or that everybody watches them… i like every movie on here because sometimes its just nice to watch a flick where you dont have to follow much and just have the action.

11. David Ferguson says:

Why include this list on this site? More interesting would be to conduct a survey of those who follow the site to see what films they like. This is a list that paints guys as unsophisticated, puerile and violence-obsessed. No Shawshank, Good Will Hunting or Forrest Gump? This was lazy and should never have made it past editing.

• As for the movies he left out may I humbly recomend Frank Miller’s 300 for it’s uncanny ability to make a man grunt and grab his crotch and Steven Spielberg’s Saving Privet Ryan for it’s ability to make a man wince and cover up his puckered sphincter with both hands.

It’s really a fascinating duality.

12. Fight Club is the only one on this list I’d “drop everything to watch.” While some of the others have entertained me in the past, for the most part they’re just really, really stupid and/or sappy. Does not bode well for mankind.

13. What??? No Wizard of Oz or Meet Me in St Louis???

14. Scott Metter says:

You’ve got the wrong line for Happy Gilmore. It should be “The price is wrong, bitch.”

15. NotoriousFluffyG says:

Middle-aged married bi guy and writer in the home video business. The 22 on my list? The Godfather, Fargo, the original Star Wars trilogy, There Will Be Blood, Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, When Harry Met Sally, The Great Escape, The Princess Bride, The Odd Couple, Vertigo, Back to the Future, Time Bandits, Young Frankenstein, Tootsie, Stand by Me, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Shining, the original Pink Panther, and anything with the Marx Brothers.

16. Whattttt.... says:

This is such a personal list, and so American. I have not heard of most of them.

17. DemGalDeb says:

For me husband’s list you’d have to add Vertical, The Stand, and The Shawshank Redemption. But hey, I got a good one. And fyi, not loving The Princess Bride is a deal breaker for anyone in our family.

18. rechappens says:

Here is my 22 movies that I would stop, sit, and watch.. Caddy shack, Wyatt Earp, Forrest Gump, saving private Ryan, the color of money, fight club, major league, tombstone, field of dreams, bull Durham, gladiator, back to the future, back to the future 2, back to the future 3, American graffiti, a river runs through it, I am legend, pool hall junkies, Star Trek 2 the wrath of Kahn, uncle buck, legends of the fall, the fifth element.
    Yet there are many many more

19. Yeaaaahhh, no. GMP, don’t turn into buzzfeeed. Like as if we need anymore sites just grocery listing things and passing them off as legitimate articles.

20. Graeme Booth says:

I would disagree with most of that. I think they’re puerile, particularly Die hard. There’s no redemption in them,. Which reminds me. What about Shawshank Redemption, and (someone else said it) Saving Private Ryan and maybe Braveheart. Where are the thrillers like Training Day (Denzil Washington and Ethan Hawke) The only one I would include from the 22 is Gladiator but thanks for the list – great talking point.

21. I would luke to add “Training day”

22. what about Top Gun?? The Godfather? Shawshank Redemption?