How To Make 2014 Your Year of Real Magic

About Jacob Nordby

Jacob Nordby is a Good Men Project associate editor in "Good For The Soul" section, an author, speaker, and creativity coach.

He accidentally sparked a worldwide phenomenon when he wrote and shared: "Blessed are the weird people: poets, misfits, writers, mystics, heretics, painters and troubadours--for they teach us to see the world through different eyes."

He is author of The Divine Arsonist: A Tale of Awakening, co-author of two other books and is currently working on his second novel. He is convinced that everyone contains divine magic and his mission is to help them see it.

You may wish to get better acquainted with Jacob by visiting his website and downloading a free ebook or audio titled, Re-Mapping Your Life – A travel guide to get un-stuck, chart new paths & follow your purpose. Go to www.JacobNordby.com

Comments

1. picking up the scroll and writing the words I need to hear
    maybe tonight they will become clear

great story Jacob as always

thanks for inspiring me daily

2. Cindy Burrill says:

Thank you for a beautiful story. It definitely hit home, especially today. I have been living in a world of “excepts..” and look forward to filling in those blanks for myself as we move into 2014.

3. Nora Bouvier says:

Great story Jacob! I’ve read this three times now and keep coming back to it. I can attest to the great feeling one can get writing it all down. I began to do so this past Saturday , beginning with just jotting down those ways in which my life has changed in this past year and found myself filled with awe and smiling from ear to ear. I went back yesterday after reading your story for the first time and began to write my hopes for this coming year and again found that great sense of peace and happiness. Thank you, my friend, for your awesome campfires and insight. _/|\_ Namaste!

And BTW~ you are UNWORDABLY Awesome! ( Love that word!)

4. Nina Petersen says:

I want to touch other people in a profound and honest way, to help lead them to the light of their own existence. I “feel” on an extremely intuitive level. I want to stop being afraid of it. I want to use my gifts to help others while sharing my own journey…because we are all truly connected in the most surprising and delightful ways. I am a lover of people and I want to learn to love myself again…I want to cleanse my soul from the inside out…so as to reflect my soul from the outside in…I want to burst forward with the radiance of the sun and sparkle of the moon…reflecting off the oceans of my inner peace….I am a Christian who believes in God, the Universe, and Jesus Christ…I am a follower of all that has been great and all that is about to become…I am ME…Happy New Year Jacob Nordby…your fellow traveler…Nina

• Let’s see that this year, Nina!

And may I suggest that your soul is already clean inside?

Thanks for being here

• corry nordby says:

Your comments touched a chord. Well said, Nina! Thank you for your honesty and for your tender heart.No doubt your scroll will meet its mark.
      Blessing, grace, & strength to you.
      I am Jacob’s mother

5. Cherie Elpel says:

What a wonderful, evocative story that inspires the heart, mind and soul.
    Wishing you a magical 2014.

6. Jack Griffin says:

First you tell us that attachment to desires is the cause of all misery; then you end by stating that desire is acceptable as long as it is a true desire. This sounds like a continuation of the idea that you can’t have what you want, because what you think you want is not truly what you want. I think you should have continued, and explained the process of understanding how to get from the beginning of wrong desire, to the end of proper desire. Anyone having read enough about the Law of Attraction will eventually come to two conclusions: (1) The Law of Attraction has always been in existence and didn’t need to be written about at all; other than to explain how it works in a very short straight-forward manner. And then only for those who have forgotten about how life works from when they were children. The continued barrage from the many different people writing about it, simply kept anyone from choosing any one idea about how it worked, to try and understand it. (2) That quite a number of people both well known and not so well known have profited (some very handsomely) by piecemealing this information out bit by bit in order to make the most money possible, while leaving the general public in the dark without a complete explanation. And done purposely for the benefit of their bank accounts. Without explaining the step-by-step information you discovered in your process of understanding desire, you simply leave everyone with an incomplete and unexplained idea. It’s the understanding of how to think and feel (understand) the process used to explain an idea (in this case, desire) that provides a person with the correct understanding of how to use that process to bring about results. The searching public has been fed far too much of that piecemeal approach used to lighten their wallets already. You need to explain, or possibly risk being lumped in with those mentioned above.

• Hi, Jack.
      Thanks for being here!

I feel it’s best to let the article speak for itself. I won’t defend or explain anything at this point. And, since I’m not selling anything with this article, I don’t worry about the risk of being lumped with anyone ;)

Happy New Year!

7. corry nordby says:

Beautifully crafted, Jacob. It inspires me.
    Thank you for once again using your gift to lift the veil.
    Blessed are you, my weird and wonder- full son.
    And beloved beyond words.

• Hi, Mom! I don’t get this pleasure very often. Thanks for reading this story and thank you for weaving real magic into my childhood in so many ways.
      I love you.
      Jacob

8. Shari Bangsund says:

I really felt this; left me feeling as if I had come to my own cliff hanger, and the continuing story of me was simply waiting for me to write it. “…most are simply too afraid to ask for their deepest soul desire…they will settle for a nicer home or a better job or a thousand other wishes which fall short of their insatiable hidden truth”. These words jumped out to me, because I know them to be true. Soul desires and insatiable hidden truths….I so want to find and experience them before this life is over. Thank you Jacob!