We have a lot of voices on GMP. Is yours getting heard?
The Good Men Project is about a big idea: redefining masculinity for the 21st century. That’s a lofty goal, and we take it quite seriously around Stately Good Men Manor.
But GMPis also about a small idea, too, one that ranges from 5’5″ to 6’5″ with plenty of room for Danny DeVito and Shaq on either end of that yardstick. That small idea is me. It’s you, too. It’s every guy who feels like he belongs in the world he lives in yet questions whether he can make it better. Sometimes we try so hard to include guys of all shapes and sizes that we lose sight of that small idea.
Here at GMPHQ we often toss around the sound bite that we’re trying to change the perception that men are all about beer, sex, and sports. I’m down with that (otherwise, I wouldn’t be here), but I’m a big fan of beer and sex, and sports hit my radar now and then, too. I know I’m not alone on this. Am I all about those things? Of course not, but they’re a part of who I am. Is there a place for me in “the conversation that no one else is having”?
Sure there is. There’s a place in this conversation for you, too, no matter what kind of guy you identify yourself as. The Good Men Project isn’t about being a good man; it’s about trying to be a better man.
Here are some ways you can join in the conversation:
- Follow our Facebook page. The conversations over there can get pretty animated. Chime in and let your unique voice be heard.
- Follow us on Twitter. We host periodic Twitter chats that are really interesting and lively. You’re welcome to participate.
- Comment on posts. As long as you keep it civil, we want to hear you.
- Write for us. Yeah, that’s right — write for us. We love your submissions, and you’ll find a full list of editors on our “About” page.
None of those ideas grabbing you? How about simply showing your support for the cause via a premium membership? The Supreme Court says money is speech, so what the heck.
When you become a premium member of The Good Men Project, not only are you helping guys like you be heard, but you also get the following benefits:
1) View The Good Men Project website with no banner ads, pop-ups or video commercials.
2) Receive a copy of the original Good Men Project book, a collection of 31 stories about the defining moments in men’s lives.
3) Participate in our monthly GoogleHangouts and annual meetings.
You’ll find more details here, or if you are ready to sign up, just choose your option below.
Choose Your Subscription
Payment is by PayPal. Your membership will begin once you receive the welcome email and click the link to return back to The Good Men Project.
—cropped image of World War I recruitment poster: public domain