Marriage Before, During and After a Heart Attack

About Frank Mundo

Frank Mundo is a book reviewer from Los Angeles. He is also the author of The Brubury Tales, and Gary, the Four-Eyed Fairy

Comments

1. How scary, Frank! I sure am glad you made it thru.

2. Life is grand and yet so fragile. You never know what’s around the corner and how the outcome will affect you and others. Your a lucky man who found the love of your life and strive to make all of her and your dreams come true. And now you have a second chance, take it, embrace it and make the most of it. Be happy and enjoy life to the fullest. As you know just how fragile life is…..

• Saul Leonard says:

Great end to the rough journey. Keep enjoying the present and the future. Younhave worked hard to get to this point.

3. sue woodard says:

frank – what an amazing way to share this experience (i think all readers will agree we are all SO glad you are ok!) and it’s so very like you to find the silver lining and the beauty in a scary situation. You and nancy are both lucky…and blessed.

4. Nancy Leahy says:

Frank, I’m so happy that you pulled thru. You have the incredible ability to express in words that truly paint a picture for us. Remember to always live in the ‘present’ because tomorrow may never come. Live each day to it’s fullest and continue to be the best you can be and I know that you always strive for.

You are a great man, and you and Nancy are so very lucky to have one another.

Thank you for sharing your story!
    Nancy L.

• Frank Mundo says:

Thanks, everyone, for your time, comments and emails — and thanks to Gint Aras and Good Men Project for the important subject matter of this page. (And just a few days before Thanksgiving, too. How appropriate). I’m doing great, following the doctors orders, and Nancy and I are looking forward to a long and healthy life and marriage together. Happy holidays!

• Dear Frank,

Today is January 18, 2013, and I just learned about your near-death experience. Thank God that you’ve survived this dreadful episode! It reminds us that we’ve got to savor every precious day.

I loved reading your uplifting piece.

May 2013 bring you and Nancy good health and happiness.
        Terry H-P

5. Candi Sary says:

Such a touching story. Thanks for sharing. Beautifully written!

6. So glad you were where you could get help, Frank. Glad your still with us.

7. Marc Iverson says:

Nice as always, Frank. You sound like a great husband.

8. Thanks, everyone, again for your comments and emails. Today is our 4th wedding anniversary! Thanks for sharing in our story.

9. How lucky we all are that u are still with us. Also thank you for being a part of our life.

10. Okay Frank …. I don’t know how I missed the original issue of your story but I’m glad it was linked to a recent article about marriages. It’s now March 2013, how are you doing? You were three years younger then me when I had my first heart attack. Yeah, it’s hard to believe in that we think such things happen to old people … not someone young.

I have to tell ya, after I had my quintuple bypass, things did change for me. I was 41 and it was the first time in my adult life that I actually allowed others to really take care of me. When people are stressed out, some will suggest thinking of a “happy place” …. You know where my “happy place is? As crazy as it sounds, it’s my hospital bed after surgery. I never felt so cared for by so many people, it was amazing. Weird thing is that I never thought I would die, as bad as things were, I really didn’t think I’d die.

Sadly, I’ve had five more mild heart attacks in the past 19 years. Without knowing your background, I would be safe in saying that in my case it really has a lot to do with genetics. Heart disease runs in the family. Needless to say, eating better, some exercise and eliminating some stress helps a lot….. all words that you have heart countless times as I have.

So Frank, hang in there. You sound like a great guy and you have a great women. God bless.

1. [...] Thanks to Gint Aras, the editor of the Marriage Section of The Good Men Project for accepting and publishing my new essay: Marriage Before, During and After a Heart Attack. [...]