We all have our favorite shaving and grooming tools. But what would you buy if you could start over?
Many of us guys have implements of shaving and grooming tools that are our absolute faves. Our go-to brand of razors, the aftershave that gives the shock of recognition every time it goes on, the shaving creme or soap or gel that feels like just the right consistency on our skin.
But what if you could start all over? What if you had an array of new products and accoutrements that you would shake up your daily routine?
The folks at West Coast Shaving have it all. From pre to post shaving; from razors to creams and soaps to colognes. Single items and kits and everyday and travel items.
What would you buy if you could buy it all? Browse through our ideas and add your own in the comments.
1) The DE Blade Sampler Pack. Here, you really can try it all. An array of the favorite blades from West Coast shaving are yours to try, including the following:
- Merkur Super Platinum (10 blades)
- Feather New Hi-Stainless Platinum (10 blades)
- Crystal or “Israeli” (10 blades)
- Derby Extra (5 blades)
- Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (5 blades)
- Astra Superior Platinum (5 blades)
- BIC Chrome Platinum (5 blades)
- DORCO Platinum ST-300 (10 blades)
- Red Pack Israeli (10 blades)
2) Castle Forbes Unscented The Pre-Shave. Maybe you just one one single way to start off your shaves that’s different than you have now. Castle Forbes The Pre-Shave is unique in that it doesn’t contain oil like most pre-shaves. Why? We’ve known since childhood that water and oil don’t mix. And The Pre-Shave does not cause a barrier to water, instead allowing the moisture to condition your beard and prepare it for shaving. It’s a difference you can feel — and you’ll also notice that there is no residue left behind on your shaving brush, razor or sink.
3) Simpson Colonel X2L Best Badger Shaving Brush. The brush. The age-old question of “how can you build a better brush?” With the Colonel X2L, it’s by creating a short loft and a comfortable handle. And Simpson Best badger hair with a hand-tied knot gives this brush a short break-in period with little shedding.
4) Alt-Insbruck Cologne and Aftershave. Want new scent that is the ultimate in gentlemanliness? There’s nary a synthetic ingredient in it, instead it’s made using only the finest Virginia tobacco to great a classic yet unique scent.
5) Muhle R89 GRANDE Double Edge Safety Razor. So many things are, at their core, great inventions that need only minor improvements over time. The traditional safety razor with replaceable blade is one of these. It is regarded by many as the first mechanical razor for self-shaving. And MÜHLE takes that minor miracle of invention and adds precision, ergonomics and beauty, a timeless creation for ambitious wet shavers. The Muhle design combines high-quality metal-working (chrome-plating) with an extremely fine engraved finish and this R89 has the standard safety bar. Comes with a short instruction and one blade. The GRANDE version features a longer and wider handle than the original version.
6) West Coast Shaving Chrome Razor and Brush Stand. And where better to store your razor and brush than on this classic stand? Weighted base for stability, foam bottom so it stays put. We like that if you’re unsure of sizing, West Coast Shaving will help you figure out if this will work for you. Where do you store your razors?
7) Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap with Ceramic Bowl. You’ve heard the story, right? The one about how the natural lanolin content of wool fat kept the hands of sheep shearers and wool sorters exceptionally soft. And then, in the early 1930′s, a chemist named Fred Mitchell realized that same lanolin could be used on delicate complexions and sensitive shinds. Mitchell’s Wool Fat Soap is still made to Mr. Mitchell’s original formula, based on a recipe from the turn of the century and using lanolin from wool fat as the key ingredient.
8) Czech & Speake No. 88 Cologne. To end on a spectacular note, we’d like to highlight the signature sent of Czech & Speake. It’s one of the most unique and admired scents that West Coast Shaving carries. How to describe? We will let West Coast Shaving do the honors, with their description here: “This classic, English fragrance has a fresh, woody top note of reviving and uplifting bergamot, the richness and warmth of geranium, rose otto, cassie and exotic frangipani. Combined with dry base notes of vetiver and sandalwood, this modern classic has a full-bodied, sophisticated sensuality. While a very classy scent, it’s flexible enough for less formal activities.”
This post was sponsored by West Coast Shaving—opinions are our own.