Dr. Vibe covers the aftermath of the George Zimmerman verdict.
The day after the George Zimmerman not guilty verdict, Marie Roker-Jones, Brandy Williams, TheStyleGent™ and Victory Unlimited gave their takes on the trial, the verdict and the aftermath. Aleasa Word and Professor JT of The Professor Word Show joined the discussion.
They spoke about:
- Where were they when they heard the verdict and what was their reaction?
- Were they surprised with the verdict?
- Their thoughts on how the prosecution and defense handled the trial.
- Media coverage of the trial
- Social media and the trial
- Black media coverage of the trial
- Is there any blame towards Trayvon Martin’s parents?
- Is the George Zimmerman verdict an indictment on all Black men in America?
- Have many Black Americans given up the fight? Have many Blacks become complacent?
- Their words for Black men.
–Photo: snakphotography/Flickr – A man with hoodie donned watches the speakers on the steps of the Historic Capital Building in Tallahassee, Florida at a Rally March for Trayvon Martin