Well, That Was Erotic

Sponsored Content

About Andy Bodle

Andy Bodle is a journalist, scriptwriter and blogger who has written for the Guardian, the Times, the BBC, and ABC. He lives in mortal fear that his greatest achievement will remain winning Channel 4's Countdown in 1993. You can read more on his blog, Womanology, and follow him on Twitter: @_Womanology_.

Comments

Passive sexual partners are a total turnoff for me, no matter how beautiful they are. I prefer down-off-the-pedestal randiness instead of lying-like-a-corpse-waiting-for-me-to-do-something. Did Imogen ever lift a finger to do anything active in your relationship with her, or was she just there to accept adoration? I’m not sure she really did dump you, because I don’t see where she was actually in a relationship with you.

• Joanna Schroeder says:

I’m with wellokaythen. Isn’t the joy of fucking in the mutual grabbing and inability to resist one another?

• wellokaythen says:

What she did seems kind of flattering, but mostly insulting. She clearly consented and enjoyed the attention on some level, but overall the message sounds like, “I can’t stand to look at you, but if you do all the work, I’ll let you have a pity fuck.” Gee, thanks.

Seems to me he could just as easily have made the same sarcastic point in response to what she did: “well, THAT was erotic….”

To be fair, though, they were both pretty young and both seemed very inexperienced.

• Joanna Schroeder says:

By the way, it was a beautifully written story, I couldn’t tear myself away. And I feel sad about her. Why do I feel sad about her? Not sad for you, to me it sounds like you dodged a bullet there. But sad for her.

• And thank you, Joanna (:blush). Sadly, I have no idea what became of the young woman in question, and Google is no help – but I don’t imagine she did badly for herself.

2. Jonathan G says:

Holy sexual objectification, Batman! How did it feel to be used as an object whose only utility was her sexual gratification?

3. I’ve always put it down to inexperience. But then, I’ve continued to put my failures down to inexperience ever since … how long can you get away with it?

And yes, Jonathan G, I was appallingly shallow, as 20-year-olds often are. That at least I hope I’ve grown out of!

• Jonathan G says:

No, Andy, I mean she was obviously using you! Since you didn’t perform sexually to her satisfaction, she had no further use for you.

4. I would have given her the tickling of her life!