For an upcoming theme on The Good Life, we are soliciting submissions by and about men who have been affected by cancer. First-person stories and feature articles on men and cancer are both welcome. Topics we would like to see include, but are not limited to:
- Men caring for loved ones with cancer. What was the hardest experience associated with this task? What was the most remarkable, life-affirming, or loving thing you did or witnessed?
- Men’s stories of receiving a cancer diagnosis: How did you initially respond? Did you find support from loved ones and friends? What was treatment like?
- Survivor stories: How has your life changed since ending treatment? How do you handle fear, stress, physical limitations?
- Do you provide care for men with cancer? What have you learned that might help others?
- Which cancers are men at highest risk for, and are there ways to reduce those risks?
If you have a story or a pitch for an article, email Justin Cascio at [email protected] by the August 18 deadline for consideration.
Image of infusion bottles with iv courtesy of Shutterstock