Are you leading or participating in teams at work? Or perhaps with family or friend group dynamics? Teamwork is part of many aspects of our lives.
I imagine you’ve had moments where being on a team has felt challenging! As our last podcast showed, dealing with people is often the hardest part of business and life!
Companies are focusing more on collaboration these days because it works. Gone are the days of the lone wolf. Teams are proving to be more effective!
What may be surprising is that teams are having to become more “human” and relational as we find that leaving your heart at home, pretending to be robotic at the office, is not good for your or for productivity, motivation or innovation.
On today’s Man Alive podcast I was joined by Sara Ness. Sara has coached more than 500 leaders in sectors ranging from education to the Coast Guard, on the art of empathetic leadership. She is the founder and Chief Instigator at Authentic Revolution. She’s young and she’s whip-smart!
In our conversation we discussed:
- Three fundamentals of creating collaborative teams
- How to greatly reduce conflict by including vulnerability in your leadership
- The challenges of multi-layered leadership — training leaders/managers to lead others
- How you may unknowingly block your trainees’ growth and ability to lead
- Making teams drama-free (to eliminate costly and time-consuming messes)
Even men at the top of their game find themselves wanting more from life. Man Alive is the resource for men who want more meaning, a bigger impact, unshakable confidence, a hotter sex life, more money, deeper love, solid friendships or a powerful legacy.
A version of this post was originally posted on ShanaJamesCoaching.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
Photo provided by author.