In any position at work (or really in any area of your life) you can influence others and be a leader.
As a leader, one of the most important aspects of your success is understanding the impact you have on people.
The impact you have, that you’re unaware of having, is what we call leadership blind spots.
It’s normal to have blind spots. We all do. It’s your willingness to be conscious of them that will keep your leadership evolving, rather than devolving.
Today’s Man Alive Podcast is with an Organizational Culture expert who has been in the field for more than 30 years. Russ Elliot has powerful wisdom about how you can be a more effective leader and how to implement a culture at work that benefits not only an organization’s bottom line, but the people who work there!
In this conversation we discussed…
- Common blind spots leaders discover when they get honest feedback
- Why it’s so important for leaders to understand their unintentional impact
- How to start bringing Conscious Culture to your organization and the benefits you’ll see
- The power of finding your “leadership purpose” and “individual leadership style,” in any role at work
- Google’s research on what makes teams most effective
As I continue to explore the overlap between leadership and love I find this episode particularly important. Similar blind spots often show up in both our personal and professional relationships. In this episode, you’ll gain a window into what you may not be seeing, in both realms.
Even men at the top of their game find themselves wanting more from life. Man Alive is the resource for men who want more meaning, a bigger impact, unshakable confidence, a hotter sex life, more money, deeper love, solid friendships or a powerful legacy.
A version of this post was originally posted on ShanaJamesCoaching.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
Photo provided by author.