Ms. Associate Editor
Ms. magazine, the premier national feminist publication, is seeking an associate editor to start work in its Los Angeles offices beginning in June. Duties for the quarterly magazine include pitching and assigning stories, writing content, overseeing fact-checking and copy-editing, supervising interns, cultivating new writers, selecting books for review, and assigning book reviews. Online duties including managing the Ms. Blog, editing daily online content, working with bloggers and handling all Ms. social media. Candidate should have excellent writing and reporting skills.
- 1-3 years editorial experience at a newspaper, magazine or journalistic website
- Passion for, and in-depth knowledge of feminism, women’s issues and national politics
- Demonstrated journalistic skills (writing, reporting, editing)
- Fact-checking training and/or experience
- Comfort with WordPress (or another CMS), Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs; ability to quickly pick up new computer skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, a consummate multitasker and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage interns and work well with other editors
- Experience using social media such as Facebook and Twitter to drive web traffic
- Experience running a daily online journalistic site
- Html/CSS Salary commensurate with experience.
Generous benefits. Ms. is published by the Feminist Majority Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. People of color strongly encouraged to apply. Send resume, cover letter and three journalistic writing samples to [email protected] Applications due May 25. Please no follow-ups by phone.
She who hesitates is lost. Get money.