Let’s put ourselves out there. Let’s be vulnerable in each other’s presence. Let’s listen to each other.
- Everyone is fighting something. Some people just have to fight harder than others.
- Everyone is afraid of something. Some people are just better at hiding what they fear.
- Everyone struggles. Some people’s struggles are just more public.
- Everyone goes through ups and downs. Some people just experience higher highs and lower lows.
- Everyone has their own demons. Some people’s demons just live closer to the surface.
It feels like we have to fight these battles ourselves. And maybe at certain points we do.
But maybe we can also help each other.
I know it might seem like no one could possibly understand, but maybe they can.
- Maybe they know exactly how you feel.
- Maybe they’ve been in your shoes before.
- Maybe they know what you’re going through.
- Maybe they could help.
- Maybe you don’t have to be alone.
I hated seeing you like that.
It wasn’t what I expected. It was so raw and emotional. There was so much pain. It was hidden well at times, but the pain was never far from the surface. Waiting to bubble over.
There didn’t seem to be anything I could do. What happened had nothing to do with me. I was nearly powerless to help. All I could do was sit there and listen.
Even though I wish it wasn’t the case, in some ways it was worthwhile to feel powerless. It made me appreciate the times when I was able to do something.
- Maybe we can help each other, but maybe we won’t try.
- Maybe we’re afraid.
- Maybe we don’t want to put ourselves out there.
- Maybe the chances of it working are way too small.
- Maybe we’ll be devoured by the darkness.
- Maybe we’ll keep ourselves isolated.
- Maybe we’ll run away.
- Maybe we’ll try to take on everything by ourselves.
- Maybe we’ll emerge on the other side without anyone’s help.
But maybe it doesn’t have to be that difficult.
Broken people. Trying to pick up the pieces on their own.
But maybe we can help each other.
Maybe we can be there for each other. Even if being there does little to fix all the broken pieces. Something must be better than nothing. It must be helpful to know that we’re not alone. That someone else is there for us. Even if they can’t do anything to help us.
We’re lost. But maybe we can help each other find the way. Maybe we can lead each other. Our demons might be too much for us individually. But maybe, if you help me and I help you, we can make it.
It’s a long shot, but there’s a chance.
Incomplete souls. Searching. Yearning. Wanting a change. Wanting something better.
Does this sound completely ridiculous? Maybe it should.
Let’s put ourselves out there. Let’s be vulnerable in each other’s presence. Let’s listen to each other. Maybe the only thing we can do is be present for each other. That has to be worth something.
Though we would all like to think we’re strong enough on our own, maybe we can help each other anyway.
- Maybe we don’t have to be so strong.
- Maybe it could be easier.
- Maybe we could both have someone.
The idea of being perfect went out the window years ago. But the idea of being whole is something attainable.
It’s something everyone should realize. It’s something we want, but more than that, it’s something we need.
- Maybe it won’t work.
- Maybe we’ll both end up right back where we started. But why not try to help each other?
We’ve traveled alone up to this point and look where it’s taken us.
- Look at what we’ve been trying to conquer on our own.
- Look at what we’ve struggled with as individuals for all these years.
Maybe we can help each other. I’d like to find out if we can.
Photo credit: Getty Images