#1: Everything you do to hurt your ex hurts your kids. So don’t do it.
(1) Everything you do to hurt your ex, hurts your kids.
(2) Don’t air your dirty laundry on social media. Remember: bad memories fade, but Facebook’s forever.
(3) Resist the urge to exaggerate. It really wasn’t that bad.
(4) Don’t say mean things about your ex’s family. Those are good people! And, regardless, if you and your ex have children, you’re going to be related to those people for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not—so bite your tongue!
(5) Say what you’ve gotta say to each other, but don’t over do it. Remember: if you and your ex have children, you’re going to be a part of each other’s lives forever, whether you like it or not—so bite your tongue!
(6) Remember Rheault’s Rule: Unless you opt for abandonment, marriage is forever when you have kids; divorce merely adds new circumstances to manage in the relationship.
Oh, and . . .
(7) Watch this Louis CK clip once a day: