What can you find along 690 miles of yard sales? Pretty much anything.
Every year for the last six years, I’ve taken my sons, and maybe a friend or two, on a pilgrimage to the World’s Longest Yard Sale. It runs from Addison, Michigan to Gadsen, Alabama. We travel a good portion of it, just to see what people have to offer.
The answer? Anything you can imagine. These are some gems from the past. I’ll be there again this year. I guarantee we’ll find more things to make you go what?
1. A bull that doubles as a grill.
2. Somewhere, there is a song about this.
3. His buddy has the snacks.
4. Little Basket of Horrors
5. Barbie Dream Car, WLYS Edition
6. Just tell me these clown figurines don’t freak you out just a little…
7. Vampire deer + inflatable chair = impending disaster.
8. Pirate sled?
9. Little Basket of Horrors
10. Only in the south (Editor’s note: this is going on my Santa list)
11. No pooping on the alligators. Seems like common sense, but you never know.
12. Everyone needs a giant searchlight for their house. How else are you supposed to signal Batman?
I’ll be there all weekend, so look for more weirdness to come. I’ve got me, my boys, and my girlfriend. Be prepared.
Learn more about the World’s Longest Yard Sale at 127sale.com.