Sherri Rosen, with 20 things you can incorporate into your daily life to make it better.
l. DON’T Blame Others for Your Mistakes. If you make a mistake then “Own It”! You will never learn and grow if you don’t except that you messed up and try to do better the next time.
2. DON’T keep making excuses that it’s not the right time to make changes in your life. You can either leap in and make them all at once or take them slowly one at a time, but if you don’t move you will stay STUCK.
3. SURROUND yourself with positive people. If you have toxic people in your life they not only are poisoning themselves but poisoning you.
4. EXPLORE and get out of your own little world. Even if you take the same route to work everyday try something new. Go a different way. Take a hike, be outdoors. Look at what nature has to offer you.
5. DON’T be a name caller. Even if you have had bad experiences with certain people don’t go around calling those people names and actually labeling yourself a RACIST. Open up your world and see that each of us has something to learn from one another, and each culture brings something beautiful into our lives. Look for the good.
6. DO SOMETHING different that you’ve never done before. Take yourself out of your comfort zone. If you’ve never been to a rock concert than go, even if you are 80 years old, just go!!!
7. BE RESPECtFUL of yourself and others. We all have differences and many times don’t agree with one another, but our words have power and be respectful of each person’s point of view, even if they aren’t respectful of yours.
8. SPEAK UP if you see something wrong or if you feel something is wrong. Just don’t sit in silence,
because you will never get what you want or need.
9. DON’T look on the outside for love. You must love yourself in order to magnetize love in your life. If you are always looking on the outside for love you become a prisoner in relationships to yourself and others.
10. DON’T have an agenda when you want something. Whether it’s having a meaningful relationship, making friends, wanting more love in your life. Find out who you are, and be genuine about getting what you want or your needs met.
11. DON’T lie! If you lie to yourself and others in order to get what you want it always ends up biting you in the ass. Be straightforward about what you want. Not using all that energy to remember your lies.
12. DON’T be envious of others! If you are, find out why and do something about it. The envy will end up preventing you from having any peace in your life.
13. CREATE support for yourself. It’s great to have a wonderful circle of friends for that support, a lover, husband, wife, but look to yourself to find that inner support so you won’t always feel dependent upon others when you are being challenged.
14. DON’T always do what everyone tells you to do. From friendships, doctors, lawyers, business transactions, politics—find out what you want to do, ask questions and don’t accept everything on face value and just always do what you are told.
15. BECOME SELF-REFLECTIVE. Sit and meditate and find out what’s bothering you, what makes you happy, what triggers you and get connected to your feelings.
l6. DEAL WITH YOUR ANGER. Anger can be healthy if expressed in a mindful way, but if you have these outbursts and are constantly berating yourself and others it will end up poisoning you.
17. COMMUNICATE. COMMUNICATE. Nothing is worse than having a misunderstanding with one another and not working it out.
Listen to each other. Really listen, don’t just ignore, be in denial and sweep everything under the rug.
18. DON’t be afraid of FAILURE. Yeah, it hurts, it’s embarrassing, but you can always learn from it and do it different the next time. If you are afraid of failure you will never take any risks.
19. GIVE your life some meaning. Volunteer, adopt a child, mentor someone, do work that you are passionate about.
20. BE GRATEFUL. No matter what is happening in your life there is always something to be grateful about even to the point that you woke up and have another day to do what needs doing.
photo: eye of einstein / flickr