Love and affection between the siblings are the main cords that make for sweet bonding between them. Every parent wants to see their children happy and united with one another. That’s the main reason you teach etiquettes, manners, honesty and brotherly or sisterly love to your kids using different methods.
There is another way to groom your kids and bring them together by arranging fun games that are easy to play. Moreover, these games will really make a sweet bonding and healthy competitiveness between or among siblings. So, it is your prerogative as a parent to pick any of the following interesting games:
- T-Shirt Walk: If you have two kids then make both of them put on an oversized t-shirt and tell them to walk around the house in it. This is a fun game for children to learn cooperation as the failure of them to walk in harmony will hamper their progress. You must remember to choose a room with little furniture to avoid any type of fall or injury.
- Lava Game: A minimum of 2 to 3 siblings can play the lava game. Start the game by making your kids jump from one couch to another without touching the floor. They have to jump on the couch pillows and every player must keep moving while holding the hand of one other. The player who fails to do it will automatically be out of the game.
- Apple Rolling Game: Give an apple to both of your kids and tell them to roll it to their bodies without dropping it to the floor. The kid who drops the apple will be out of the game.
- Ball Roll Game: Tell your kids to hold a long piece of cardboard with their hands and roll the ball back and forth on the cardboard without dropping it on the floor. Any player that keeps the ball longest on the cardboard will be the winner and will receive a gift.
- Catchy-Catch: Get a big balloon or a beach ball and just toss it in the air. Remember, the players cannot touch the ball with their hands and they can’t let the ball or balloon touch the floor. They can touch the ball or balloon with their nose, feet, head in fact any part of their body except their hands. Your kids will really like this competitive fun game which improves coordination.
- Freeze Game: This game is one of the perfect activities to lift the mood of little children. Turn on any favorite music of your children and let them dance to the beat. Once the music stops then they have to freeze in a stationary position. Players than can’t remain stationary in a particular position will be out of the game.
- Balloon Pop: Get ready for some loud fun! This sibling game is the best one if you have a big space in your house. Just tie a balloon to the right leg of every kid who will play the game with a 3 feet long string. Now, tell the players to pop each other’s balloon by stepping on them. The player who will leave with a balloon on their feet without getting popped will be the winner of the game.
- Potato Drop: This is a competitive game between siblings. Keep two bowls at an end line and mark a starting point across the room. Then give each child a potato and their task will be to carry the potato between their knees and drop it in the bowl at the finishing line. It is like a racing game where they cannot use their hands. Potato Drop is an activity that improves healthy competition in life.
- Balloon Walk: Make your kids stand side-by-side and put a balloon between their hips. Now tell them to walk across the entire room withou dropping the balloon and without using their hands If they drop it then they have to start the game again. This competitive game will energize your kids and train them in working in harmony.
- Beach Ball Towel Game: Grab a big ball and a beach towel and let your children hold the towel stretching from both ends and drop the ball on the towel. The main aim is to let the ball bounce on the towel and not dropping it on the floor. This is one of the best bedroom-buster for siblings.
- Together We Stand: Make your kids sit on the floor by touching their arms and backs linked with the elbows. Now, tell them to stand up without changing their position. For making the game more challenging leave some props on the floor around the house and tell your kids to pick them up. This get together game will really unite your children and make them best buddies.
- Blind Treasure Hunt: Keep some treats around your house and blindfold one of your children. Now, let the other child guide the blindfolded sibling to find the treat with command and words. This game simply aims to build trust and cooperation among siblings. It implies siblings should stick together especially during times of difficulty when they will need each other.
- Spider game: Tie some ropes in your room between the walls and let your children come out from the ropes that are like the waves of the spider. This is a kind of amazing puzzle or riddle game.
- Large Paper Painting: Tell your children to paint or color whatever they like in a large paper. It will be a fun activity and improve the art skills of your children.
- Word Game: To play this game, the first player mentions a word and tells the next player to mention another word with the last alphabet of earlier mentioned word. This game will increase the vocabulary and word power of your children.
Along with the above-mentioned games, your toddlers can also make your kids play This or That Question Games or other question games for their IQ enhancement. There are several game ideas for children and adults for their pastime that help friends and family make an adoring bond between each other. So, enjoy these new fun games with your children and unite them with these cute activities.
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.
Are you a first-time contributor to The Good Men Project? Submit here:
Have you contributed before and have a Submittable account? Use our Quick Submit link here:
Do you have previously published work that you would like to syndicate on The Good Men Project? Click here:
Got Writer’s Block?
We are a participatory media company. Join us.
Participate with the rest of the world, with the things you write and the things you say, and help co-create the world you want to live in.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.