Jordan Gray says your next year can be significantly improved by a better, healthier relationship.
Do you want this coming year to be the year that you finally start enjoying the love life of your dreams?
Try committing to the following resolutions with your partner, and the results will speak for themselves.
1. I commit to listening to you and not giving any advice unless you ask for it.
2. I commit to touching you every day.
3. I commit to kissing you for longer than a quick peck before we head off to work.
4. I commit to taking care of my self and generally being self-nurturing. I commit to being gentle with myself so that I don’t have to rely on you solely for my sense of ease and softness.
5. I commit to apologizing to you directly when I’ve messed up.
6. I commit to taking responsibility for my own personal sense of happiness and fulfillment, and letting you off the hook for having you try to ‘make me’ happy.
7. I commit to leaning in to the tough conversations that I know that we sometimes need to have in order to feel connected again.
8. I commit to making you dinner at least once per week.
9. I commit to holding your hand while we walk around in public.
10. I commit to not making fun of your hobbies or interests, knowing full well that I have some pretty strange ones that could just as easily seem ridiculous to someone who doesn’t want to engage in them.
11. I commit to relaxing with you… taking down time… and allowing for a sense of lightness and play to emerge between us. Love isn’t meant to be serious.
12. I commit to supporting you fully in all of the passions and interests that you find yourself diving into throughout the coming year.
13. I commit to investing in myself, my continual sense of growth, and new skills that will keep me feeling deeply fulfilled.
14. I commit to kissing you before we go to sleep every night.
15. I commit to cuddling you in the morning.
16. I commit to reminding myself of all of the things that I love about you so much.
17. I commit to taking care of you when you’re sick. As in, full out, busting out the hot water bottle, Netflix, Advil, breakfast in bed, and tissue paper kind of taking care of you.
18. I commit to loving like I give a shit. Because our love deserves it.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also love reading:
Photo courtesy of DollarPhotoClub.com