Thomas Fiffer takes us inside the male mind and finds there’s more than just that one thought in there.
Most of us know by now that the myth that men think about sex every seven seconds is a myth—debunked by actual studies of actual men with actual brains in their actual heads. Men do think about sex regularly, and so do women, because sex is fun to think about and even more fun to have. But men think about a lot of other stuff, too. Here’s a list, in no particular order, of 21 things men think about when they’re not thinking about sex, which actually is most of the time.
1. What our friends are up to.
2. Our favorite lines from movies.
3. That song we can’t get out of our head.
4. Whether we may have done something to disappoint our partner.
5. Whether we can get away with leaving work early to get to a child’s sporting event or school activity.
6. How to raise our kids not to hate.
7. Whether we put enough gas in our partner’s car.
8. Whether we have enough life insurance.
9. Things that need to be fixed.
11. The hole in our left sock.
12. Our partner’s smile.
13. Whether we’ll have enough money to retire.
14. Whether we might have to serve in armed combat.
15. Whether it’s OK to hug our male friends.
16. What would happen if we lost our job.
17. Whether our kids still believe we can do magic.
18. Whether we’ll be able to afford college for our kids.
19. Whether we look fat.
20. Whether we’re losing our hair.
21. Whether we’ll be judged for thinking about sex too much.