Vitamix and SoulPancake want to know… do we take enough time to thank the most important people in our lives? We wanted to give a chef the opportunity to do just that. When Nick Liberato first moved to Los Angeles he had no job and no friends, just a passion for surfing and the LA beach lifestyle. Surf shop owner Mikke Pearson gave Nick his first job in LA, mentored him, and encouraged him to pursue his dream of becoming a chef. Today, Nick is thriving as the executive chef partner at the Venice Whaler. As a thank you to Mikke for his incredible friendship and mentorship, Nick made Mikke a special seafood meal. Visit: https://www.vitamix.com/foodislove for all things Vitamix!
A big thank you to our friends at Vitamix for making this meal and reunion possible. #FoodIsLove
Want to make Nick’s recipe…?
— Branzino with Salsa Verde and Peas —
-English Peas (boiled / (blanched with ice water)
– 1 lb – 1 1/2 lb Branzino
– cracked pepper
– sea salt
– 1/2 lb mint (picked)(reserve 10 leaves for garnish)
-1 lb flat leaf parsley(picked) (reserve some for grill)
-1/2 lb oregano (picked)
-1/2 lb chives
-2 cloves of garlic
– 8 capers
– 2 lemons (juice of 1 lemon ) (lemon squeezer garnish)
-1 cup olive oil
– pinch of salt
1. Start by dropping garlic into an already moving vita mix blender. Follow that with all herbs ,olive oil, salt, capers and salt to taste last.
2. Fold cooked peas in with salsa verde.
– cutting board
1. Lay whole Branzino out and pat dry. Be sure to season with salt and pepper inside.
2. Coat with olive oil followed by cracked pepper, sea salt, chopped parsley.
3. Grill on each side for at least 8 minutes making sure that you’re getting a nice cross pattern of grill lines.
4. Display fish and top with peas/salsa verde with mint and a lemon squeezer underneath the Branzino collar.
— BROCCOLINI CURRANT SALAD w/ BURATTA —
– 1 ball of Buratta cheese
-2 lbs broccolini
-Castel Vetrano olives (sliced)
– red wine vinegar
– dried currants
– red onion (sliced)
– lrg pot of boiling water
1. Boil water in a large pot. Hold the broccolini by the tops boiling only the stems for the first 30 seconds. Then drop it all in the water for another 30 to 45 seconds.transferred to an ice bath to shock and start cooking. Once cooled down, lay on towels on sheet pan. Transfer greens to bowl add a 1/4 cup olive oil and a 1/8 of a cup of red wine vinegar. Toss in a small handful of currents followed by red onions, sliced mushrooms, and olives.
2. Break the Buratta cheese open and place on plate. Lay the broccolini next to it and top cheese with olive oil, cracked pepper and sea salt.
We love to connect with YOU, no matter what language you speak. Help SoulPancake create captions in your language by clicking here:
▃ ▅ ▆ SUBSCRIBE to SoulPancake ▆ ▅ ▃