Dr. Vibe hosts a conversation where Black Canadians talk about dealing emotionally with the coronavirus situation
Recently, Dr. Vibe hosted a conversation in which Black Canadians discussed Anxiety: Coping During COVID-19.
The conversation featured Lesline McEwan, Registered Psychotherapist – RP, M.A., C.A.M.F.
During the conversation, the following subjects were addressed:
– What is anxiety
– Black Canadians and how they deal with mental health
– Some of the challenges that Black Canadians are facing during the conoravirus situation
– Some of the symptoms when should one see a doctor if they feel that they have a mental health challenge(s)
– Anxiety management techniques
– Helping someone who is dealing with a mental health challenge
– Handling anxiety with things we can or can’t control
– Black children and mental health during this time
– The use of online video chats at this time and what is the effect on individuals
– Wow to look for a therapist and what you expect when you see a therapist
– Parents demonstrating calmness around children during this time
– Newcomer adults with cultural barriers
– Ways one can express yourself if you are dealing with a mental health challenge
– Things that Black Canadians can do at this time to avoid and deal with stress
– UNDPAD Push Coalition updates
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to the execution of real-world strategies for change. Complete schedule above, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how to build your own platform, be a better writer, become an editor, create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience.No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a platinum member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is NOW JUST $12 PER YEAR (regularly $50/year).
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join like-minded individuals in The Good Men Project Premium Community.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP FOR WRITERS
Meet and network with others, get writing prompts and tips, get reminders and topics for our group call. Join our Writers Group on Facebook for details.