It doesn’t matter who you supported in the last election, chances are you have friends who think you’re stupid. Political ideology can drive a wedge between the strongest friendships and even family. Is cutting ties ever the answer?
• Do you have a story of a lost friendship because of a political difference?
• Do you hold different views from most of your family? If so has is it negatively affected a once strong bond?
• Have you ever walked away from a relationship because of their strongly held political beliefs? What was the final straw?
• What are some ways you avoid political arguments with friends or family that you don’t agree with? Beyond just not talking about it?
• Is the risk of a lost relationship ever worth it when politics are involved? If so what are some of the things that would end it for you?
If you are already working with an Editor at The Good Men Project, you can request them—or request me, J.W. Holland – Political Editor, and I will be happy to assist you. Please indicate that you are responding to this Call for Submissions.
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant. When you’re ready to submit, click the red box, below.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation—The Conversation No One Else is Having (TM)—you will learn all of the ways we support our Writers’ Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and How to Create Social Change.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- View the website with no ads
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday. If you already have a final draft, then click below to send your post through our submission system.
If you are already working with an editor at GMP, please be sure to name that person. If you are not currently working with a GMP editor, one will be assigned to you.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas.
While you’re at it, get connected with our social media:
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!
Photo: Getty Images