- When I set a new intention for my life, my old stuff rises to the surface to be examined. -Rev. Jane Beach
- The person who is happy within, who rejoices within, who is illumined within, that Yogi, becoming the Eternal, goes to the peace of the Eternal. –Bhagavad Gita
- The hidden wisdom of God is the knowledge that we are one…… This is revealed when we see the Eternal in everything. –Ernest Holmes
- Demand the guidance (in prayer) saying “Infinite Spirit, reveal to me the way.” -Florence Scovill Shinn
- When the mind is stilled…..it brings rest and repose to the body, just as birds fly to the tree for rest, all things in life find their rest in the Self. –Prashna Upanishad
- It isn’t what you don’t know, but what you know that isn’t so. – Rev. Dr. Lloyd Barrett
- Give even when it hurts, but don’t disturb your peace. If you know it will disturb your peace, don’t do it. –Satchidananda
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. –Lao Tzu
- I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. –Anais Nin
- Mind-breath practice: Breathe one word below on the in breath….. and then the next word on the out breath…and then the next word on the in-breath…..repeat and continue until you feel calm and confident…..repeat during the day as often as you can remember…
These quotes are shared by Robert Rannigan, LPC, to touch, inspire, and motivate moms and dads to reflect upon what is important in their lives and those of their spouses and children. The role of fathers has been slowly changing over the years. Dads are now expected to be more emotionally involved with their kids and–most of all–desire more emotional closeness with them. To do this, men have to establish a sense of safety, certainty, and knowing within their own internal environments. Through increased mindfulness and focus, they will then be able to create these very things for themselves, as well as for the families they love.
Grouped by a common theme, “Quotes for Parents” bring words of wisdom, almost daily, from great minds—current and old—into the lives of modern parents (and the rest of us) to nudge them (and us) ever so closer to the mindfulness and self-awareness we should all be practicing every single day.
These quotes are provided as encouragement to observe the power of words and to choose your words carefully. In the morning, choose one (or some of their impactful words) to meditate upon and guide you in a positive direction as you navigate the day’s challenges.
Photo Credit: Photos from iStock by Getty Images