Dating expert Kezia Noble has some tips to help men truly compliment the women in their lives.
Women want to feel special, however, this does not mean that they want to be idolized! Here is where men get the whole idea of making a woman feel special completely wrong!
A lot of men believe that they need to flood the interaction with an ocean of never ending vague compliments in order to make the woman like him and feel ‘special’ when she’s around him. However, this tactic usually has the reverse effect.
Women who are besieged by compliments usually think to themselves one or more of the following:
“This doesn’t sound very genuine.”
“What doe she want from me?”
“What have I done to earn such praise?”
“I bet he uses these lines on every woman he meets.”
“He’s getting kind of desperate.”
1. Limit the amount of compliments they give. This will encourage her to appreciate them more.
2. Men should make sure the compliments that they choose to give feel genuine and tailor-made for her. Vague compliments convey a lack of effort and will get lost in the crowd of generic compliments that women hear all the time.
3. Men should try to focus their compliments on something that she has put effort into, rather than a naturally attractive feature she just happens to possess. For instance: complimenting a woman’s height or bone structure, gives value to something she has not had to work at. They are features she has inherited from her gene pool. However, by focusing the compliment towards her style, or make up or body language or anything she has to work at demonstrates key factors. It shows that not only do you appreciate the effort she has made, but that you have an eye for detail too, which will elevate your overall value in her eyes.
4. An interaction should always feel special and ‘one of a kind’. If a guy wants to get the attention of her woman and stand out from the crowd, he can’t just sit back and listen, while nodding his head. A special interaction creates that perfect incubator of intrigue, fun and connection requires effort that transcends beyond just being a ‘good listener’.
5. Men need to feel and demonstrate confidence to challenge the woman, tease her and open up to her. This will inspire her to invest in the conversation because of the impact he is making. An impactful interaction is a two-way conversation, so men need to make sure that they are not just listening but at the same time, not just talking AT her either. The balance is a fine one, but once he has that balance right, the rest of the conversation will flow without so much effort required.
Remember the golden rule. Women want to feel special, not idolized.
If you thought that was good—there’s plenty more where that came from. We put out a “Best Of” newsletter once a day. Sign up here.