This week Andy Grant is joined by coach, mentor, speaker and podcaster, Henry Johnstone, to talk about how he found purpose in his shit. Henry took a very dark path through addiction, self-harm, and depression when he was a teenager, all because he couldn’t talk about his emotions.
Today, Henry bravely and openly shares his experiences to help others avoid wallowing in their shit pits.
“I believed the man just takes a beating and carries on.” ~Henry Johnstone
Henry is also a metal work sculptor and regularly runs retreats where his clients can work through emotional blocks and create symbols made of steel.
Topics Covered Include:
- What is a shit pit?
- From expressive and loving boy to addict.
- A comfort zone of being worthless.
- Trying to murder the light inside of you.
- Are there gifts in your shit pit?
- The buzzwords of masculinity.
- How did you discover the value in being open and vulnerable?
- What do you wish all men knew?
- Talking to people about suicide.
- Henry’s metal sculpting work.
- What prompted the creation of your podcast: The Inner Warrior?
Watch “Making Purpose Out Of My Shit Pit” – Real Men Feel, Episode #117
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
“Fail magnificently!” ~Henry Johnstone
Henry’s site HenryJohnstone.org
Men Helping Men Facebook group
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
This post was initially published on RealMenFeel.com and is republished with the author’s permission.