- Who can say the blossoming of a flower in the desert is of less importance to the Divine than an empire? -Ernest Holmes
- It can be a difficult thing to accept yet we are the power to control our feelings of freedom or bondage. –Judy Morley
- When does your experience take place? Isn’t it always now? -Rupert Spira
- You are one with all that lives and love is that Oneness in action. –Nisargadatta
- As and beyond your beliefs, you are. –Tenens Verum
- It is easy to say “God is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent and I am not”….which brings us to our own belief in a limited God. –Satchidananda
- I work late at night. I’m awake and nobody bothers me. It’s quiet and things come and talk to me in the silence. –Diana Gabaldon
- My family relationships are wonderful gifts in both their challenges and ease. -Dorothy Frances Lemmon
- Affirmation: I am and using the mind of my Infinite Nature
- Breathing the words below on your in and out breath trains your mind in both focus and direction.
These quotes are shared by Robert Rannigan, LPC, to touch, inspire, and motivate moms and dads to reflect upon what is important in their lives and those of their spouses and children. The role of fathers has been slowly changing over the years. Dads are now expected to be more emotionally involved with their kids and–most of all–desire more emotional closeness with them. To do this, men have to establish a sense of safety, certainty, and knowing within their own internal environments. Through increased mindfulness and focus, they will then be able to create these very things for themselves, as well as for the families they love.
Grouped by a common theme, “Quotes for Parents” bring words of wisdom, almost daily, from great minds—current and old—into the lives of modern parents (and the rest of us) to nudge them (and us) ever so closer to the mindfulness and self-awareness we should all be practicing every single day.
These quotes are provided as encouragement to observe the power of words and to choose your words carefully. In the morning, choose one (or some of their impactful words) to meditate upon and guide you in a positive direction as you navigate the day’s challenges.
This post was originally published on Robert Rannigan’s Daily Quotes for Parents and is republished here with his permission.