The end of any relationship can be painful, but it can also open the door to discovering something better.
Listen to Real Men Feel, #137, “The Price of Heartbreak” here:
Author, Rick Sharpe, joins us to discuss his experience with depression following the end of a relationship and discovering the power in his own vulnerability.
“I was the posterchild for avoiding vulnerability. I avoided it at all costs.” ~Rick Sharpe
Rick’s book and this conversation focus on discovering the power in vulnerability as well as learning the difference between reacting and responding.
Topics and Questions Include:
- What has you living in Dubai?
- What prompted your book, The Price of Heartbreak?
- Was this your first breakup?
- What was your healing process like?
- Discovering Brené Brown.
- Where did you learn it was wrong to be vulnerable?
- What was the goal of the book?
- What’s the best thing that has happened from writing, The Price of Heartbreak?
- Were you afraid to know yourself?
- What stands out as a key to your growth and healing?
- Some men respond to heartbreak by giving up on relationships entirely, is that something you considered?
Watch Real Men Feel, #137, The Price of Heartbreak, April 10, 2019
Note: Rick joined us from Dubai and the video froze a few times, but the audio is solid.
“I had to learn to love how I am. That was a huge leap of faith.” ~Rick Sharpe
Learn more about Rick at Rick-Sharpe.com
Check out Rick’s book, The Price of Heartbreak: Healing is mindfully feeling
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.