No one is a mind reader, and in marriage, you might feel like you can’t quite get inside your husband’s mind. Men, help us compile a list to share with wives and husbands and help future misters and missuses embrace an easier road.
• What is one fact you have learned about men that might be portrayed as a stereotype of men, but that you believe to be true?
• What do you wish every wife or husband married to a man knew about men AKA your best piece of advice, or a little-known secret?
• On the flip side, do you think this is a ridiculous topic and that you can’t paint men with such a broad brush? If you feel this way, give us your reasons why.
• Do you think that spouses make marriage harder than it has to be, and if so, how would you advise them to resolve this situation?
• Do you think that spouses fully understand their man’s needs, that they can ever anticipate a man’s needs, or is marriage a continual learning exercise about your mate. Share why you feel this way.
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant. Then click below to send your post through our submission system. If you already have an Editor at The Good Men Project, you can request them—or we will match you with an editor.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and more.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. 1) Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook, 2) View the website with no ads 3) Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events 4) Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members 4) Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas. Classes are included free of charge with our $20 a year Gold Membership.
However you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century.
Photo credit: Getty Images