This week Andy Grant is joined by author, artist, inspirational speaker, and sexual abuse advocate Brian Cardoza. Brian is a survivor of childhood sex trafficking, physical, and emotional abuse. His book, The Unexpected Victim, describes the beginning of his journey from victim, survivor, and now a thriver.
“I know what its like to have an unwanted d**k in my mouth.” ~Brian Cardoza
Brian shares his story of physical, emotional and sexual abuse. Which ended up triggering some memories for the host, Andy, so tread carefully.
Topics Covered Include:
- Why is speaking up important to you?
- What got to first share your experience?
- Why are men so hesitant to speak of sexual abuse?
- The perception of being “not man enough.”
- What is a stigma?
- The Vampire Myth
- What helped you from falling into victimhood for the rest of your life?
- Have you always been artistic and expressive?
- Three events that changed my life for the better
- Tell me about your book, The Unexpected Victim
- Who or what are the Survivor Knights?
Watch “Episode Title” – Real Men Feel, Episode #120
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
“Communities make stronger survivors, survivors make stronger communities.” ~Brian Cardoza
Brian’s website: Brian-Cardoza.com
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
This post was initially published on RealMenFeel.com and is republished with the author’s permission.
Photo credit: Brian Cardoza