The Electoral Vote is over, and no, Hilary did not make a comeback
I’m stuck in a red state for now, but those in blue states shouldn’t have to suffer. Just because the Federal minimum wage is low doesn’t mean the Blue States have to follow. The Blue States can implement most of the Clinton and Sander’s Plans.
1. Increase income taxes on Billionaires. It would be an increase in the State Income Tax, but money is money. Some states don’t have a state income tax. If the billionaires in Connecticut don’t like the state income tax they can move. I’m betting they won’t.
2. Raise the state minimum wage to $15 per hour. Some cities have already done this. Do it state wide.
3. Use that increased tax to improve infrastructure, schools, college tuition, healthcare, solar and wind power.
4. Improve the infrastructure. With an increase in income tax revenue roads and bridges should be improved. This would also add jobs and create a positive cycle of increasing income tax revenue.
5. Improve schools.
a. Provide free breakfast and lunches in schools, I would encourage these lunches to be meat free.
b. I would love to see courses in government. Start in kindergarten with votes for Goofy Gopher or Magic Mouse.
c. I would love to see courses in Humanities. Study art and literature from other countries.
6. Have voter registration at the beginning of the senior year in high school. The election office can be there along with photo ID equipment. Help to get those kids registered. If they aren’t citizens have the paperwork to help them become citizens.
7. Create grants for local colleges so that the poor and middle class can afford a college education. Work with local credit unions to create low-cost loans.
8. Increase Solar and Wind. Again, low-cost loans through local credit unions.
9. No sales tax on fresh veggies. The consumption of meat doesn’t help global warming.
Photo: Getty Images