- The moments in and around the game that are bigger than the game itself.
- The speeches to teammates and fans that are larger even than the game itself.
- The moments when sports is used as a platform for bigger social conversations.
- The thrilling moments from your childhood that you never forget.
- The tender moments among teammates.
It’s why we watch. It’s why we play. It’s the stuff that rises up out of sports and settles down into us.
This week, we are talking about one of the best teams in all of the baseball, the scrappy, tough, fundamentally sound, Tampa Bay Rays.
After finishing with the best record in the American League, the low-budget pitching-rich Rays took down the New York Yankees in a five game ALDS battle and are facing off with the Houston Astros in the ALCS for a chance to head to the World Series.
But before they started the ALCS, they celebrated HARD. Led by hard-hitting out-of-nowhere Cuban sensation, Randy Arozarena, on and off the field, this fun footage made it impossible – even for this Yankees fan – to not like and root for these guys:
Randy Arozarena posts the dance battle against Brett Phillips on his Instagram. He said: “Today I took home the crown. I won my rematch.”
Phillips and Arozarena are now tied. pic.twitter.com/OvteU49zQdDon’t like ads? Become a supporter and enjoy The Good Men Project ad free
— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) October 10, 2020
Photo Credit: Twitter/Screen Shot