For this week’s podcast, Nate Bagley sat down with Natalie and Steve, a couple who have broken up and gotten back together, to talk about the role of God in a relationship.
On today’s episode, Melissa and I sit down with Natalie and Steve of the suburbs of Chicago. We talk about their courtship, how it ended in breakup, then they got back together, then almost broke up again. We learn about why their belief in God is essential to the type of marriage they enjoy. And we talk a lot about trust and taking risks, and a lot of other awesome stuff!
- Blind dates
- Favorite things
- Dating so long you get to the point where you either get married or break up.
- Sometimes the relationships that don’t work prepare you for, and lead you to the one that does.
- Learning to trust after you’ve had your heart broken.
- Using the Bible’s definition of love as the foundation for marriage.
- What do you do to keep the love alive after having kids?
- What advice would you give to people who want to have a relationship like yours?
- “Go in with the mindset that you are not #1 anymore.”
- Taking a leap of faith. “The bigger the promise, the bigger the leap.” -Melissa Joy Kong
- Loving people needs to become a habit, or a default. If love always has to be a conscious act, it’s unsustainable.
- Can divorce be an option? If so, what are the grounds for divorce?
- “I don’t believe in marriage for the sake of marriage. I believe in loving.”
- What separates an average marriage from an amazing marriage?
Originally appeared at The Loveumentary