Since you don’t want to wear two watches at a time, this is the time when you will want to get rid of one. There may come a time when you will get tempted to simply toss away your Apple Watch, take cash in return and walk away. If you take a few minutes to understand the following, then not only will you give away your Apple Watch in a safer way but you might also just end up with more cash to count on.
Even though there are not many places where you can sell your old Apple Watch as there are for the Apple iPhone, you don’t have to worry anymore as you can trade in your Apple Watch here. If you are looking forward to upgrading to a new Apple Watch series or if you are not using your Watch anymore and are looking for a new place to sell it, you can check out the trade in options offered here.
When should you think about selling your Apple Watch?
Generally, when you ask someone for advice on when to sell your old Apple Watch, the normal answer you will get is to sell the Watch just before a new version gets released on the market. In that way, the market is not flooded and the product value also does not go down while selling it.
The Apple Watches are not the necessity like the phones you use. You might want to consider what you will do with your Apple Watch before you jump on to pre-order the new one. If you misjudge and sell your Watch a bit early, the worst that can happen is you will have to wait for the new Watch series to arrive. So take your time and think before selling your Apple Watch.
How to prepare your Apple Watch before selling?
Whether you want to pair the Apple Watch with a new iPhone, restore it to its original factory settings or plan to pass it on to a new owner or sell it, it is important that you unpair it from your current iPhone, back up all of its data and disable the Activation Lock.
There are two ways to unpair the Apple Watch.
Unpairing the Apple Watch through the Watch App: There are certain steps you will have to follow to unpair the Apple Watch via the Watch App, they are listed below:
1. First, go to the Apple Watch App on the iPhone you are using.
2. Then tap on active the Apple Watch that appears at the top of the My Watch screen.
3. On the next screen, tap on the information icon that will appear next to your Apple Watch.
4. Then tap on Unpair Apple Watch option. Confirm the process by pressing Unpair (the watch name that you have set).
5. If you are using a cellular service then you will have an option to Keep or Remove your cellular plan.
6. Disable the Activation Lock on the watch by entering your registered Apple ID password and then tap Unpair.
7. The Watch will now start backing up the latest data to your iPhone. Once this process is over, the Watch will unpair itself from your current iPhone. Lastly, your Watch will restore itself to Apple’s factory settings.
8. Make a backup of your current iPhone if you want to keep your Apple Watch data safe and secure.
Please note that it may take some time for the Apple Watch to back up the data. Once this is over, the Watch will be reset to its factory default settings and you may proceed with selling it.
Unpairing the Apple Watch directly on the smartwatch: Just like the first procedure, you will have to follow certain steps to unpair the Apple Watch via the Watch App. These steps are listed below:
1. First, go into the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap on to the General setting.
3. Select the Reset option.
4. Later, tap on the Erase All Content and Settings option.
5. If you have a password set, type in your passcode.
6. Tap on the Erase All option. If you have a cellular plan and want to continue with it then you will have to tap on Erase All & Keep Plan.
7. Once the Watch has finished backing up the data, navigate to iCloud.com from your computer’s web browser in order to disable Activation Lock.
8. Log in with your Apple ID and password.
9. Click on the Settings.
10. In the My Devices option, select your Apple Watch.
11. Remove your Apple Watch option from the list.
12. Click on the Remove option to confirm your choice.
Notably, trading in your Apple Watch is one of the easiest and less risky options compared to the other available options. The Apple Watch comes in many variations like- color, band, and band color. These variations have a direct effect on the cost of your Apple Watch when you trade in the Watch. Thus, ensure that you have the Watch in good and intact condition if you want to make more profit by selling it via a trade-in site.
Some links in this post may be paid.
Photo: Getty Images