Are you passionate about men, The Good Men Project, and having the only ongoing conversation about what it means to be a man in the 21st century? Consider joining our editorial staff.
With our growing popularity and influence, running the Good Men Project is a big job, and we’re looking to find a few more folks to help out. Specifically, we want editors who can find, edit, format, and help promote the kind of stories that have built our reputation, and can take us forward to the next level.
What we’re looking for most is passion. A lot of people can find or write good articles, a lot of people can learn WordPress and house style, but the ones who’ve done the best for us are the ones who care deeply about what we do. About telling the stories that don’t get told. About fighting the stereotypes that get taken for granted. About examining the issues of men and masculinity that are too often ignored or forgotten. We’re moving the conversation about men forward, and the best editors we’ve had have always been the ones who care about doing exactly that.
Does that sound like you? Let us know.
– Create a community of contributors of people who care about these issues and who can write about them clearly and compellingly.
– Curate and edit the best of content at The Good Men Project.
– Post a minimum of 4-5 pieces of content per week.
– Work with the publisher to create an editorial vision of what your section and the site might be and what would make it engaging, dynamic and successful.
– Develop relationships with other, larger media companies who have audiences that would be interested in this content and can help drive pageviews back to our site. We’d like you to develop relationships with other editors and work with them on cross-promotion. We also suggest that you know or want to learn social media.
Specific sections we are particularly interested in finding Editors for are Business, War/Conflict, Ethics, Environmental Issues, and Education. There are other sections we would consider creating—or you can pitch something you are passionate about.
About The Good Men Project
Since launching three years ago, The Good Men Project has become a leader in the discussion of men’s issues and men’s stories. We’re the leading progressive men’s magazine online, with ten million pageviews in the past month and a dedicated readership of some of the smartest, most forward-thinking men and women you’ll find. Working with us means working with brilliant, dedicated people who care deeply about advancing the discussion of men’s issues in the 21st century.
Editors will be compensated based on monthly pageviews to the section. The rate we pay is 50 cents per 1,000 pageviews. You will need to invoice us every month based on actual pageviews for that month. Please note that starting off, compensation may be quite small but will grow as the library of content you bring in for us grows. What we need are people who understand the big picture opportunity. Interested candidates should feel free to discuss exactly how much compensation can be expected at that rate over the coming months/year. We ask for at least a 3-month commitment.
Interested candidates should contact publisher Lisa Hickey at [email protected].