- I can blow you away, you can ride with me.
- I do what I do best because I’m willing and able.
- You’ve got gall, you’ve got guile. Step to me, I’m a rap-o-phile.
- On the tough guy style, I’m not too keen. Try to change the world, I’m a plot and scheme.
- This is all top secret and classified. I grab the mic and let the words glide.
- I think I’m losing my mind this time, this time I’m losing my mind.
- ‘Cause downtown Brooklyn is where I was born, but when the snow is falling, then I’m gone.
- I want to say a little something that’s long overdue. The disrespect to women has got to be through to all the mothers and sisters and the wives and friends I want to offer my love and respect to the end.
- There was a time when we would joke around and say things that were disrespectful of women and think that it was funny, or that it wouldn’t hurt anybody, or that it would be taken with a grain of salt. Then it became clear that that wasn’t the case, and we had to go through the process of taking a step back and realizing how those things affect other people. The lyric in “Sure Shot” is just a statement of that. Even on the last album there aren’t any lyrics that are disrespectful of women, but we went an extra step on this album to make a statement.
- I think there are a lot of misconceptions in society in general about what actually brings happiness, we’re caught up in all these ideas that having a lot of money or having somebody beautiful to have sex with or having some cool objects, having a cool car, cool stereo or whatever is gonna make us happy. And those things actually don’t bring us happiness. I’ve learned a tremendous amount about how compassion or altruism actually brings a person happiness.
R.I.P. Adam Yauch
AP Photo/ Aaron Harris