Student life is probably the most exciting part of everyone’s life. You have the freedom and enjoyment is at its highest level. There is no other worry in life except the matter of studies and acquiring good grades.
Many students face this as challenge and excel into their exams with flying colors. But there are also some students who take this as the stress and find it difficult to cope.
In the stressed condition they start spending longer duration for studying, eating less and even they reduce their sleeping time. This leads to reduction in their overall health and grasping power of the brain.
The stress of getting good grades may cause students into the abuse of substances like excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. Their common belief is that less sleep means more hours into the studies which can help them improve the grades by cracking the exams.
Sleep pattern and lack of sleep are closely associated with the learning and good memory of an individual. The ability to learn and to be resilient can be diminished due to uneven and less sleeping. Even a sharp student tends to show decline into the results due to lack of proper sleep.
Some of the common symptoms that students or anyone can witness are:
- Fatigue- You always feel exhausted and have frequent mood swings.
- Forgetfulness- It becomes difficult to remember things.
- Impatience- You get angry very fast as you lose control of your patience.
- Development of other ailments- Sleep deprivation brings in ailments like body ache, abdominal pain and injuries.
According to an article published into the Harvard health publications, sleep has a positive impact on learning and memory of an individual.
The key to good sleep here lies in the proper management of the stress and removal of any factors which interfere with sleep. Just follow the following tips and see the benefits of sound sleep into your studies:
- Say No to Substance Abuse- In order to stay alert student takes in more of coffee, drugs or alcohol. A simple meditation helps relieve the stress and gives the much needed alertness. A student requires balanced diet rich in vitamins like vitamin B which reduces fatigue.
- Manage Your Time- Time management is the key to achieving success in whatever you wish to achieve in life. For a student a well managed time means more time to study and relax to yield better results.
- Stick to a Right Schedule for Sleeping- Fix The timing to sleep and wake up as it gives the positive start to your day and keeps your body and mind in sync.
- Pick the Right Bed to Sleep On- Go to the mattress journal to learn all about the bed you should sleep on for a sound and healthy sleep.
- Exercise to Keep body and mind in shape- A regime of regular exercise gives you a deeper sleep.
For a student to have a good result he needs to stay fit both physically and mentally. The implementation of a balanced approach to studies and stress management is the right answer for the good grades, not to forget a good night sleep.
Photo by DieselDemon