Life would be almost unrecognizable if men were able to do what they wanted for a career or work without worrying what others thought of their professional choices.
• Did you get into your line of work because you felt like you had to prove to the world that you were “man enough”?
• If you could choose an alternate job, and no one would give a rip about what you did for a living, would you make a different choice? Would your new occupation be close to opposite of what you do now? Tell us about that!
• Maybe you would choose a career that isn’t well-known yet? What would cause you to make this selection and why?
• What would you like to tell young men, who are just getting into the job market, or their specialized industry, about what you have learned from the stereotypes of men in business?
• If you wouldn’t change your career, or you don’t believe stereotypes surrounding men and their profession exist, please…write about it!
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant. Then click below to send your post through our submission system. If you already have an Editor at The Good Men Project, you can request them—or we will match you with an editor.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and more.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. 1) Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook, 2) View the website with no ads 3) Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events 4) Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members 4) Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas. Classes are included free of charge with our $20 a year Gold Membership.
However you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century.
Photo credit: Getty Images