Which guy in Hollywood sends your tum into a spin? What secret man-crush have you been harboring that you want to share with the world? It’s 2017, we’ve progressed enough to talk about these things. And we won’t tell anyone…we promise. Well, maybe just 10 million peeps…lol.
• Alright, you’re in a safe space, tell us about your man crush. Who is he? Describe when you first saw him and what the thoughts were racing in your head.
• As a straight man, have you had a crush on another man before? Or is this a new situation, these softly glowing embers for your man-crush?
• As a straight man, who’s attracted to another man, does it make you feel less sure of your orientation? Why or why not? If you could care less, we want to read about that, too.
• Besides the physical quality of this Adonis, is there an emotional aspect that you think contributes to your attraction? Do you see traits in this man that you would like to see strengthened or present in yourself?
• What has developing a crush on another man taught you about yourself?
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant. Then click below to send your post through our submission system. If you already have an Editor at The Good Men Project, you can request them—or we will match you with an editor.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and more.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. 1) Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook, 2) View the website with no ads 3) Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events 4) Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members 4) Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas. Classes are included free of charge with our $20 a year Gold Membership.
However you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century.
Photo credit: Getty Images