Do you struggle some days (or often) to feel happy amidst challenges with family, career, your body, the political arena...?
With more responsibilities and a world that is speeding up and getting more complicated, is it getting harder for you to feel joyful or peaceful? I’ll admit it sometimes is for me!
The more I research and explore happiness, the more I see false beliefs I’ve absorbed about what happiness actually is.
It can be illusive and challenging to understand, but today’s podcast guest, resilience coach Joel Drazner, has found consistent access to happiness. He has guided many people from struggle and feeling stressed to happiness and a capacity to ride life’s inevitable waves and suffering.
In this conversation Joel and I discussed:
- The difference between fundamental happiness and a passing happy state
- The shift that allows us to experience happiness more often
- How to reach the point where we don’t need others or situations to make us happy
- What most of our parents never taught us about our thoughts and feelings
- The myth of separateness and the suffering we experience as a result
If these days you spend time wondering where your youthful happiness has gone, or you want to continue to feel happier as you age, have a listen to this important conversation!
Even men at the top of their game find themselves wanting more from life. Man Alive is the resource for men who want more meaning, a bigger impact, unshakable confidence, a hotter sex life, more money, deeper love, solid friendships or a powerful legacy.
A version of this post was originally posted on ShanaJamesCoaching.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
Photo provided by author.