Please Note: This article is presented for informational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or treat any illness. If you have any health concern, see a licensed healthcare professional in person.
Not many people like the cold weather, despite the fact that it is the most popular indicator that the holidays are coming. However, the holidays have come and passed, and the cold weather is still around us. And people are annoyed by it. While some of you dislike the cold weather because of your dry hair and skin and its role in it, there are people who are suffering from different kinds of arthritis and for who the cold weather indicates increased pain and stiffness in the morning and throughout the day. This is exactly why we decided to dedicate an article just for you! While you are following your treatment plan, you can use a few other tricks up your sleeves. And today we are talking about the importance of different herbs and their ability to help you relieve your joint pain! Let’s begin!
A few quick facts about arthritis
Before we proceed any further, let us share a few quick facts about arthritis. This little revise is for those of you are currently going through this article with the through to help a friend or a family member who is suffering from any arthritis. This revise will help you understand a disease complicated such as arthritis is.
- Arthritis is a term that refers to a group that contains over 100 different types of arthritis.
- Arthritis is a very common disease – over 50 million adults are suffering from some kind of arthritis.
- The characteristic symptoms of arthritis are joint pain, stiffness, decreased joint mobility and swelling.
- There are many successful treatment plans developed that help decreases the present symptoms.
The 5 herbs that may help you decrease your joint pain!
Herbal remedies have been used for centuries, so why not use their help when it comes to arthritis. There is a number of herbal remedies that promise you joint pain relief, but choosing the right one can be overwhelming. We thought to make this choice easier, so we have found 5 herbs that have shown to be most useful when used against the joint pain caused by arthritis. But it is not only about choosing the right herbs that are supposed to help you! It is about how to use them to get the most beneficial effects from their use! Read on to learn all the useful information when it comes to these 5 popular herbal remedies!
1. Aloe Vera – Most of us already own a bottle of Aloe Vera in our medicine cabinet at home, we are just not aware that we can use it for a purpose such as this one, instead of just treating sunburns. Since Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties, it can help, decrease the inflammation caused from arthritis in your body and decrease the present symptoms. However, since oral Aloe Vera has shown that can cause diarrhea and decreased blood sugar, we suggest using Aloe Vera as a topical remedy.
2. Flaxseed – Flaxseed is a rich source of healthy Omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. This is exactly why you should include the flaxseed in your diet right now! A study done showed that among other beneficial effects, Flaxseed has an ability to decrease the inflammation within patients who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, as well as prevent not only rheumatoid arthritis but other types of arthritis as well. To gain the beneficial effects, just add at least two tablespoons of flaxseeds or flaxseed oil to your daily diet. However, do not use the flaxseed oil for cooking because you are risking losing all the beneficial effects by heating it.
3. Turmeric – Containing two very important chemicals – the curcumin and curcuminoids, the turmeric is a strong pain reliever with its strong anti-inflammatory properties. However, to gain the beneficial effects, it will take a lot more than just adding this spice to your daily meals. Topical use of the turmeric promises its help. Turmeric can also be used to prepare a cup of tea for the day, mixing it with some ginger as well since both of them have anti-inflammatory properties that can help you get rid of your joint pain!
4. Eucalyptus – Eucalyptus has a wide range of use already, but you probably did not know that you could also use it to relieve your pain and swelling caused by arthritis. You can thank the presence of tannins, an ingredient contained in the leaves of this plant. For the best effects, mix a few drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil that you will use later whenever you are experiencing joint pain!
5. Ginger – Ginger is among the most commonly used spices in anyone’s kitchen. But, there are studies that suggest that ginger can also help with pain and swelling relief for patients that are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Continue adding ginger to your dishes and try a hot cup of ginger tea to gain the effects that it promises. Ginger also promises to increase the results of the turmeric when added in the same dish.
Arthritis is very common, yet not entirely understood the condition. And although there are a lot of successful treatment options, who says that you cannot do anything for yourself to speed up the process of recovery and enjoy an everyday life with decreased symptoms, especially pain and swelling? One thing that it is very easy to do, yet very efficient is to choose a few promising herbal remedies that you can use to treat your symptoms! Take the time to read our article and buy the listed herbal remedies or you can try some joint pain supplements. You probably have a few of them stored at home without you knowing that you can actually use them for something other than cooking for example! Do not be scared to try something new that promises its help regarding your condition. However, do consult your doctor and ask for his or her professional opinion on the matter!
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view or reaction here at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.