When it comes to keeping your teeth healthy and clean, it is vital to pay a regular visit to your dentist for a check-up. Different dental treatment services are offered by dentists in different fields. One of these is full mouth rehabilitation. Knowledge about the treatment and seeking it at the right time would help one a lot.
What is Full Mouth Rehabilitation?
The purpose of the rehabilitation is to help correct the improper bite and enhance the overall look of the teeth. The process involves neuromuscular and cosmetic dentistry. Every dentist that offers the services ensures that patients receive the right service. But, one needs to learn about both neuromuscular and cosmetic dentistry service first.
The treatment is aimed at improving the overall appearance of the gums and teeth by correcting the unevenly spaced and discolored teeth. The treatment also involves dental implants and teeth whitening.
The treatment focuses on the correction of your jaw misalignment. The dentist would aim to ease the stress of the jaw muscles, while reducing the painful symptoms. Once, the position of the jaw has been measured and established, the dentist would then set up the process with the help of restoration treatments or orthotics.
How Much Does the Treatment Work?
The process involves jaw muscles evaluation and setting them back to a relaxed position. Certain dental equipment is used which helps in providing positive outcomes. The treatment truly works best and ensures that proper tooth function is achieved.
Hiring the Right Dentist
The most important thing which one needs to do is hire the right dentist. However, in order to do so, the following tips will help.
- Seek Recommendations: The best way to figure out the right dentist for your area is by seeking recommendations from family and friends. Find out whether the dentist has enough experience and if the dentist is friendly. Recommendations go a long way and certainly help one get the best deal.
- Check Experience: The professional dentist should carry years of experience and it is always recommended. They should understand the different areas of problems, while conducting the treatment accordingly.
- Use the Internet: The internet is your friend when it comes to finding the right dentist. Search for classifieds that have a list of dentists for the city that you live in. Moreover, visit the website of the dentist to read reviews and learn more about the dentist such as the services they provide and the dentistry work done.
Well-known dentists provide suggestions and other teeth care tips which certainly help with maintaining healthy teeth. Seeking advice on dental cleaning will ensure healthy teeth. Avoid cheap dentists that post fake review and do not offer effective services. There are some dentists that offer free consultations and free dental check-ups for their regular patients.
Which Surgical Procedures Are Required For Full Mouth Rehabilitation?
Now, the procedures vary from person to person depending on the nature of the tooth decay or damage. However, according to New York Total Dental, there are certain surgical procedures which are involved as listed below.
- Tissue or bone grafting to increase the stability of the teeth and implants as well as other restorative implements.
- Orthodontics creates an optimal reconstruction environment.
- Dental implants, bridges, veneers and crowns to replace teeth.
- Prophylactic tooth cleaning and periodontal care.
- Orthogenetic surgeries which help realign or reposition the jaw.
How Much Does It Cost?
Getting a full mouth rehabilitation or reconstruction can be an expensive process which could easily cost you upwards of $30,000. Normally, the costs for each tooth vary between $700 and $1600 depending on the decay or damage of the teeth. Some procedures might even be covered under dental plan if you have one, but it mostly depends on the treatments which one needs to take for complete full mouth rehabilitation. The dentist may assist you with third-party financing options if you cannot afford to make the large amount of payment immediately.
Alternatives to Full Mouth Rehabilitation
This depends entirely on the state of the teeth. In case the primary role of reconstruction is to achieve the perfect smile, then it might be rather prudent to consider a smile makeover. However, if there is tooth damage or decay, then it might be unavoidable. Besides, tooth decay may lead to constant toothache and other health complications, so it is advised to correct the damage. The main reason behind full mouth rehabilitation is health-based, even though it does help improve the aesthetic appearance of the teeth.
This content is sponsored by New York Total Dental.