Every Wednesday at 12PM PST, Facebook and Twitter erupt into open combat as fans talk out "who'd win" in a battle between two well known geek-worthy parties, one starting every half hour. Wikipedia links are included to refresh memories on what everybody is capable of, and then it comes down to fans and the fight! Winners are listed in bold. #whodwin Wednesday!
- Diana stomps Shulkie. Even if She-Hulk proves too much upon initial encounter, WW gets magical and ends it ugly. Although, knowing Diana, she'd lay on the charm and bring Jen over to Themyscira (Sp?) As a diplomat
- Please. Diana, no problem. She's the original. She's a demi-goddess. She's the Apex Warrior of the DCU. Training since childhood for centuries to defeat all comers. No contest. Diana doesn't even break a sweat. Frankly, I think you'd need to send Gamora or Valkyrie against her and even they wouldn't last long. Maybe Sif could give her a run.
- I love She-Hulk (even when she was her "savage" self) but Wonder Woman has a lot of advantages.
1) she is VERY strong (having held her own against Superman);
2) she has the lasso of truth, which even Shulkie couldn't break;
3) she can fly, …which trumps She-Hulk's super-leaping;
4) her wristbands can shatter pretty much any object She-Hulk can throw at her.
Even given a gamma boost and assuming Jen can "power up" with elevated anger, this is a win for Wonder Woman.
- Diana all day — power levels similar but WW is a vigorously trained warrior while Jen is a trained attorney.
- Tough one. But I'd have to give it to Wonder Woman only because she is imbued with power of the gods. However, because it's comic books and the publisher's love to F with continuity – this bout is a tad confusing. I would have initially said She-Hulk because she trounced Champion of the Universe who in all accounts is on par or more powerful than Superman. Meh.
- I've got to run with Diana. She-Hulk is great (and as a die-hard Trekkie, I love me some green ladies). But, Diana has the power of the gods in her. Also, she's a battle-trained warrior raised in a society that does nothing but train for war. A great battle, but Wonder Woman beats She-Hulk in the end.
- Invisible plane to the head … I love me some Shulkie but if you saw that Superman/Batman DVD where WW and Barda took on the Female Furies you know who to put money on … the Amazon kicks major bootay!!
- Wonder Woman is far more powerful than She-Hulk.
- Wonder Woman. Even a weaker (if she really is) opponent that is more trained in the art of war can do a lot of damage.
- Diana was blessed by the gods. Jennifer only got a juiced blood transfusion. Not much of a strong match-up; Diana takes the win easy
- Captain America. He is definitely not the strongest. but as far as tactics and strategy, Cap is the "Batman" of the Marvel Universe in combat. It's one of those fights in which heart and desire trumps strength and technology. Hell, in The Ultimates, didn't he beat the dog sh** out of Giant Man? Left his 60 ft. a$$ unconscious in an alley?
- Cap gets my vote! He's been fighting the good fight for decades.
- Not even with the power of Shaq behind Mr. Irons is this a fair fight. I appreciate everything Steel has become in the DC Universe but c'mon maaaaaaaaaannn. Cap has seen and fought better armor. Cap doesn't even sweat through this round.
- Okay, here we have an interesting matchup. Cap's advantages: 1) peak human condition; 2) unbreakable shield; 3) VAST amount of combat experience against nearly every type of opponent; and … 4) he's a living legend (huge presence attack). Steel's advantages: 1) genius weapon designer and engineer; 2) superstrong and supertough suit of armor; 3) able to fly (superior mobility); and 4) one whopping big hammer. Steel's a tough opponent. He has experience as well (though not nearly as much as Cap) and considers Superman a good friend. That said, Captain America's made a career out of taking on guys who, on paper, ought to wipe the floor with his star-spangled backside. Although it'd be a tough battle, once Cap figures out Steel's weaknesses, it'd be all over. Winner: Captain America.
- I don't want to say this but I must … the only way Steel takes this battle (in a perfect universe) is if he drops his inertia hammer from the upper atmosphere while Cap is unawares and is walking down the street totally confused by how Bucky came back from the dead so fast after Fear Itself AND is also lost in thought about how he managed to bag Peggy Carter in WW2 and her grandaughter (or something) Sharon Carter in the present. The hammer MUST hit him dead square on the top of his head or the deal is off.
- I endorse the above statement.
- I think this one again comes down to training. Captain America is a hyper-trained solider and brilliant combat tactician. Steel, though extremely intelligent (even more than than Rogers) lacks the combat discipline Rogers brings to the fight. This would be similar to Captain America taking on Iron Man. Steel might get in a couple of lucky shots. But in the end, I think Cap takes him in a fight … then offers him a job on the Avengers, cause you can NEVER have too many tech-heads on your team.
- If Cap can beat Iron Man, he can beat Steel. Cap can beat Iron Man.
- What he said.
- Unless Bruce can outthink Logan. Logan will slice him into chum. Period. I don't wanna hear about "Bruce fights dirty." Wolverine has lived longer and can fight far dirtier and meaner than just about anyone. I will always vote for Wolverine! 🙂
- No one beats Batman. Okay. Now that I've given my hyper fanboy reason. Being Batman, as OCD and paranoid as he is, Batman would have already designed something that will give him the edge on Wolverine. Some kind of constantly evolving virus or something that would keep Logan in a continual healing mode. ( I know that doesn't stop him, but it does slow him down). And, since it was once established that Batman can sneak up on both Superman and Spider-Man, there is a great chance he could sneak up on Wolverine as well. His only hindrance comes from his morals. Batman won't kill. However, since he knows how much Wolverine can take, he would unload on him. It wouldn't be a pretty fight, but no one beats the Bat. 🙂 Also, Batman has access to a bevy of redheads, Wolverine's real one weakness! 🙂
- Oh boy!!! We are only going for a knock out here … Batman wins. Wolverine rarely thinks in a fight, but Batman is always looking for a weakness. Batman doesn't have to kill Wolverine to win (in fact, he wouldn't try to kill) but a knock out is more than possible. Batman is an elegant sword while Wolverine is a blunt hammer. Precision may win this fight.
- It depends on prep time. In a naked, hand to hand, fight, no weapons, Wolverine wins because he can outlast. With prep time, Batman wins. *I* could beat Wolverine with the right prep time. He's not super strong so, if one could restrain him, one could easily take him down later. As for Wolverine's supposed combat training, until the writers started punking him out, CYCLOPS used to spank Wolverine. If Cyke can beat him, so can Batman.
- Blasphemy!!!! Batman isn't all that, people. Wolverine has age and skill over Batman. Wolverine trained in Japan!! Are we forgetting Wolverine's long history here? Do you need to review Wolverine's track record again?
- I'm sorry, Mr. Wayne but your ticket has just gotten punched. We saw how the Punisher fared against Daken … it was messy … it was stank..and Frank Castle wasn't opposed to blastin a mutha%$er till he could peek out his back. Wolvie licks blue blood off his claws tonight. In the words of LL Cool J, "Don't ever compare/Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced/ Competition's payin the price … I'm gonna knock you OUT!!!!"
- Bruce is a born and determined fighter. Logan is a primal warrior. As much as Bruce can try to out-think him, if it gets to the point of berserker rage (which I doubt it will, but still …) Logan will find a way. But given the amount of toys in his Bat-belt, it will be a razor-close fight. Logan for the win.
- There is actually a chance that Bruce WANTS Logan to go berserk. Even Wolverine has admitted he isn't as good as a fighter when the animal takes over. During those times, he counts on people breaking out in terror as his primal savagery. You can't scare Batman.
- It's a shame for the Wayne line to end in such a bloody manner…
- Batman wins the fight. All he has to do is knock Wolverine out. Wolverine ALWAYS underestimates his opponents, Batman never does. Please, even in a surprise fight, Batman has the advantage.
- In a skin on skin fight, no claws-no gadgets-no prep, Wolverine wins because of his endurance/healing factor. At the end of the day, Bruce is just a man, but it's got nothing to do with Wolverine's "skills." In a full fight, Bruce would wrap Wolverine up as a warm-up for the Joker.
- Batman of course- why? because he's the goddang Batman! Also, Batman is a scientist.
- It'll be an unseen batarang to the throat followed by a kick to the head, Bruce wins…
- Also, Logan's a Canadian … I'm not saying they can't fight. But, you know… Rush fans and all. 😉
- C'mon, people, Batman has problems beating the Joker every other Friday!!!
- Just crazy talk. I'm sure next people will say that Bane didn't really kick the ever-living snot outta Bruce. It was some writing mistake or trick of the light. SMH.
- Seriously, though, Bruce wins because all he's trying to do is stop Logan so the healing factor kinda is moot. Remember how Mariko's daddy beat his a$$ with a stick?
- Don't get me started about the stupid 60s tv show please. That is why we got Batman and Robin and stupid versions of Catwoman.
- Even though these Vs. Wednesday have to "no prep" rule … This IS Batman, he's always prepared. Guarantee, somewhere in that belt of his he has "Wolverine Repellent Spray." You know, on the off chance he's grabbed by a dimensional power that pulls him from the DCU and drops him into a world where he faces some crazy mutant from Earth-616. (Joe Q losing his crap there)? Yeah!
- I don't think Logan would give Bruce half a second to even use his utility belt, but that's just me. 🙂
- Bruce and belt. Wolverine loses. No contest. Khalil is right about how they see opponents. Wolverine's always saying he's the best. Bruce knows he's on his own against the dark. He plans, and he can fight Shiva. Bruce wins.
- Ask me who wins in a fight between Batman and the Panther. Go on. Ask me.
- I thought the crack epidemic was over … you guys actually think Wolverine loses in this fight … say no to drugs people.
- Wolverine charges into battle; Batman realizes he can't best Logan physically, escapes with a gas grenade. As he realizes Logan needs to breathe, he lures him to a large body of water and sinks him in it. Wolverine drowns. Batman wins.
- This is a very hard fight to call. But let's be honest, Wolverine is not exactly known for his thinking skills. When it comes to brute force, however, he would win. But you can't discount Batman's brain or his utility belt. As recently as the latest issue of Justice League, we see that Batman carries sonic generators, which would be a problem for Logan, as he has shown by his reaction to Banshee's sonic scream. Batman is also known to carry corrosive acid and a whole lot of other stuff that Logan would find hard to deal with. Logan has found himself overwhelmed by lesser opponents, such as Ogun, and Batman has found himself triumphing over superior foes. Although Wolverine has been known to fight wild animals, in my opinion you still can't beat the human mind being used to it's greatest potential. Bloodied, scarred, and lucky to be alive, the victory goes to the best cheater in the business, the one and only Batman.
- okay, super late to this one but I choose Wolverine over Batman. Why? I'm not even a Wolverine fan! but … 1) fighting is what wolverine DOES (he's damn good at it)– batman, by contrast, is a detective first and fighter second; 2) Wolverine has a lightning-fast healing factor and adamantium bones, as well as razor sharp, unbreakable claws — Batman has a utility belt which, by definition, has limited supplies; 3) Batman DOES have his batarangs and bat-lines, but Wolverine has loads of experience fighting all kinds of tech-enhanced enemies; Batman isn't likely to have too many surprises that'd throw Wolverine for long (if at all); 4) Wolverine is a killer and Batman is not, therefore Wolverine might go all out to win where Batman might hesitate. Winner: Wolverine. That said… could Batman AVOID a battle with Wolverine? Almost certainly.
One of our most hotly contested battles in weeks, but Bruce Wayne edged out a hard-fought win.
- My vote is for Roulette. I hate Arcade and he can't actually fight. If the two of them are fighting each other. Arcade is gonna have his behind handed to him.
- Roulette wins. She's a fighter, Arcade is not.
- Arcade is a sucka, beaten by litterally everybody in the MU and Roulette was voiced by Gina Torres in the DCAU. Any questions?
- I like Roulette on this one. She's just smarter and doesn't panic when stuff doesn't go her way. Plus, Arcade is just too easily swayed by a nice pair 'o gams… Mix that with Roulette's incredibly deadly traps and strategy. Game Over. Ha! Get it? Come on.