Every Wednesday at 12PM PST, Facebook and Twitter erupt into open combat as fans talk out "who'd win" in a battle between two well known geek-worthy parties, one starting every half hour. Wikipedia links are included to refresh memories on what everybody is capable of, and then it comes down to fans and the fight! Winners are listed in bold. #whodwin Wednesday!
- Too close to call near the end but KITT is a sentient being, so I'm giving him the nod. Much as I love the Barris Batmobile, I gotta go with KITT. William Daniels rules!
- KITT has a brain and the Batmobile is just a car with some nifty gadgets.
- Easy call. A sentient car? KITT takes out any version of the Batmobile.
- The Batmobile is cool, but it can't think. KITT takes the win easy.
Not a lot of involvement in early voting, but that may be brain freeze from Labor Day or the relentless heat sapping the will of our southern California participants.
- Considering what I've just read about Grundy, poor Colossus would get his behind handed to him. His best bet would be to use his X-Men training to out think Grundy and destroy him. He doesn't need to eat, sleep or breathe and he's just about invunerable to everything including the supernatural.
- Even when people manage to destroy [Grundy], he comes back.You would have to turn him to ashes just to win and then you would have to lock the ashes in a cement urn and sink it to the bottom of the ocean, on another planet and hope he didn't some back.
- If Superman and Batman can't stop Grundy, no way Colossus could.
- Technically, Piotr doesn't need to eat or breathe when he's in his steel form, or so I read. But if we're talking a straight-on brute force match of strength, I have to give it to Solomon Grundy. But seeing as Piotr is trained constantly by the X-Men, I do believe he could pull off a close (very close) victory. A matter of getting him in a good position, and pound him into the dirt.
Unanimous opinion called Grundy the winner.
- Oooh. I'm stuck. They're both insane. Both have healing factors.
- They are just about evenly matched. But can Creepie's laugh work on someone that is already bonkers? Is Creepie fast enough to dodge a bullet, or several hundred rounds of ammo?
- Two semi-indestructable madmen. Tough call. I want to give it to my boy the Creeper, but as crazy as he can be, he doesn't have the killer instinct that Deadpool has. They both think "outside the box," but Wade would cut his own head off, stick it in the box, and pummel Creeper with it. And still laugh at him about it.
- This is what I needed to hear. Deadpool over Creeper, on the basis of training and weapons.
- Okay. Then Deadpool would beat my poor widdle Creepie. Very sad but true.
Everybody came together for an unanimous decision. Can't beat that!
- I shall cast my vote for The Taskmaster. He seems to be able to absorb and use more goodies to his advantage than Prometheus.
Does light voting make this an asterisked victory for the villain-for-hire? You decide — we're forced to call him the winner!
#whodwin Wednesday will be back next week with four new match ups, warming up for the playoffs in November!