Remember the fist time your parents texted you? Or remember the first time you texted one of your kids? It probably was some combination of numbers, letters, and symbols that you didn’t even know existed.
I know my parents have done a great job of taking an efficient form of communication and making it utterly pointless. That being said, seeing the product of their old hands typing on a tiny, self-correcting keyboard is always good for a laugh.
Thankfully, someone has finally created a website that only publishes text messages from parents. The site, When Parents Text, is a great time waster. At the rate we’re going, CBS will pick it up as a sitcom in a matter of weeks. Go check it out.
Here are 10 of the best:
- DAD: Good morning! do you remember where you left the lady gaga cd that was in my truck?
- MOM: I want a daily count of all the fruits and vegetables you eat. Just for the year 2011. Not as a mother, as a friend
- MOM: what is IDK?
ME: I dont know
MOM: Oh, do you know who does?
- DAD: Parsley
ME: What’s that supposed to mean?
DAD: I needed to talk to you and i thought you would be curious and call me
ME: Why didn’t you just say call me…
- ME: Can you pick me up from the airport tomorrow?
- DAD: Bring me Froot Loops
DAD: Now please
DAD: Bring them now please
ME: I just did, dad
DAD: I know I want more
- ME: Hey, what do you want for Christmas?
DAD: remington 1187 premier shotgun
ME: LOL, k, what else?
- ME: Ok thanks dad! <3
DAD: What is that? a butt with a cone?
- DAD: mt dishwasher!
ME: Mount Dishwasher?
DAD: No, empty dishwasher, I was being cool.
- MOM: Talk to you later 2.9
MOM: You sign your texts <3
ME: and 2.9 is less than 3
For even more fun with the ’rents, check out the excellent Postcards From Yo Momma.