Each day, we can take action:
• Double-check all the facts. You may hear and read statements that have not been verified. You can’t be part of the solution if you aren’t speaking from a base of truth.
• Contact your representative in the Senate and Congress. Let them know how you feel. Call and email.
• Join a protest – let your voice be heard. The recent protests at airports around the country have made a difference.
• Educate yourself and others. Learn what is going on, why it is happening, and what you and others can do about it. Then, share that information far and wide.
• Set an example in the way you talk to others who may disagree with you and especially for your children. Let your passion show but communicate with compassion.
• Find someone to talk to if you are scared or worried. Anxiety can affect your health. Also, talk to someone who might be scared, confused, or anxious. Compassion is a two-way street.
• Take a break for self-care. Go for a walk. Take a break from the News and Social Media. This doesn’t mean giving up or sticking your head in the sand. We all need to take a break for self-care without losing focus on the work that needs to be done. A day of self-care keeps us focused on the work at hand.
• Keep your head up and find a reason to smile. We can do this!
These are some of the way you can make a change, but if you have others, please submit those too.
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant.
Then click below to send your post through our submission system.
Please request Wilhelm Cortez (or your usual editor.) Please indicate that you are responding to this Call for Submissions.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and more.♦◊♦
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. 1) Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook, 2) View the website with no ads 3) Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events 4) Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members 4) Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas. Classes are included free of charge with our $20 a year Gold Membership.
However you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century.