Sherri Rosen brings you tips for online dating, and how to save yourself wasted time and energy.
I’ve been doing online dating off and on for quite a number of years, and through the experience I have learned a lot, mainly how not to waste my time and understand what I call the red light signals to stay away or not bother. Saving me much wear and tear and time, and not have to waste time who is definitely not right for me. It’s taken a long time of understanding the signals for me, but I’ve finally got it and if I can help any man or woman who’s out there online dating, I would like to share these tips. Again, it’s for men and women these tips. Online dating is like the wild, wild west and one has to have awareness about what’s actually going on.
l. If he/she has no photo up. How serious are they to meet someone? Most everyone has photos of themselves up.
2. Look at their profile carefully-if all they speak about is sex and you want more then just sex, pay attention-they aren’t for you
3. If they consistently spell incorrectly on their profile. Is that impressive to you?
4. Don’t just text or email to get together, but speak on the phone. You may get a hit instantly that he/she is not for you.
5. If the initial contact is purely sexual? If you don’t want that-stay away-if you do-then you are headed in the right direction.
6. If he/she doesn’t want to meet for the first time in a public place.
7. If there is no chemistry.
8. If you see he/she hasn’t even read your profile and just looked at your photo.
9. If they are reluctant to talk about themselves on the phone.
10. If they are separated-be careful. Not always true, but maybe just wants to play around and then go back to significant other
11. If what he/she puts in profile is different than what he/she shares with you. Are they lying?
12. Many people lie about their age online-do you want to begin a relationship with a lie?
13. If they don’t put up any info on their profile, what does that say about them to you?
14. I’m not saying this for all dating sites, but a site you have to pay for as opposed to a free site-will you find more people that are seeking what you want?
15. Find out when the photo was taken of this person? Is it recent or an old photo-meaning photo was taken l0 or 20 years ago.
16. If they contact you on FB and you are not seeking a date on FB-what’s up with that?
17. If they challenge you, is that exciting to you or does it scare you? Challenges can be exciting but make sure you are the kind of person that wants to be challenged.
18. If they make fun of your honesty and openness-meaning if you tell them about yourself, where you live and they make fun of it or become sarcastic.
19. They don’t ask you one question about yourself, but are just constantly busy speaking about their life, their everything.
20. Listen to your intuition!! If you are feeling a bad feeling in your body while they are talking-listen to it!!! It’s telling you something like — stay away!!!