A lot of men end up not looking after their health as well as they could because they think that it takes too much time and when they have work, hobbies and family life to contend with, well their own life can take somewhat of a backseat. This is totally understandable, but it’s also totally wrong. I mean, what would happen to those men’s families if anything was to happen to them because they weren’t looking after themselves? Nothing good I imagine, and anyway, there are so many fast things every man can do to look after his health that it shouldn’t even be an issue.
Don’t believe me? Here are some very simple ways that you, and anyone else, can boost your health in 60 seconds or less:
- Eat a handful of nuts. This might sound a bit nuts to you,m but switching that handful of chips or the sneaky candy bar that you have every afternoon for a handful of nuts – specifically pistachios– can have a massively positive impact on your health. How? By raising the levels of HDL – good cholesterol in your body. You’ll need to eat at least 3 ounces of the healthy unsalted kind for at least a month to see results, but they’re delicious, so that isn’t going to be a problem, is it?
- Do some stretches. Spending 60 seconds stretching every time you get up from your desk will help your body to stay supple and you’ll be far less likely to end up with a bad back, sore neck or leg problems. Sure, it won’t give you the same benefits of a good yoga class or anything, but every little helps.
- Write down what you’ve eaten. You might think that only people who are trying to lose weight need to log their food, and it certainly isn’t a compulsory activity, but if you make a quick note of everything that passes your lips every day, it won’ take you even a minute and according to research, you could eat as much as 30 percent less during your next meal. That’ll make your efforts at the gym noticeable far sooner than if you spend your evenings lifting weights and your days mindlessly stuffing food into your body.
- Take supplements. The health supplements at www.kyaniteamgenesis.com are specially formulated to ensure that your body gets everything that it needs to function optimally and taking them takes a few seconds at the most. So, even if you’re eating pretty well, use them as an insurance policy and you’ll feel totally amazing all day every day.
- Take a deep breath. Whether you’re having a tough time at work, the kids are testing your patience or your neighbor’s noise is starting to annoy you, simply close your eyes and take a deep breath, counting to sixty. It might not seem like it would do much, but sometimes this is all you need to calm yourself down, feel less anxious and avoid doing anything that might embarrass you once you’ve calmed down. The more moments of calm like this you can find during the day/week/life, the happier and less stressed you are likely to be. Think of it as a mini meditation.
- Eat a little dark chocolate. Maybe you prefer more manly snacks like bacon wrapped in, um bacon, but if you want to lower your blood pressure, improve your levels of good cholesterol and boost your circulation, eating a square or two of high-quality dark chocolate would be a far better choice.
- Turn away from the screen. If you work in an office environment, you’re a blogger, or you simply enjoy spending a lot of time looking at computer screens for your own pleasure, every 20 minutes or so, make it your mission to turn away and look at something else, that is at least 20 feet away from where you’re sitting for at least 20 seconds. This will help to avoid eye strain and headaches.
- Run on the spot. Whenever a commercial comes on instead of heading to the fridge to grab another beer, get up and run on the spot for 60 seconds, do pushups or see how long you can hold a plank for. It might just be a minute or so, but if you’re the kind of guy who watches a lot of TV, those minutes here and there will soon add up and your dad bod will soon be a hot bod, but more importantly, you’ll be a whole lot healthier.
- Do some thin slicing. A really handy trick for those of you who prefer to do your own cooking is to slice that meat and those veggies into thinner strips, When you do this, you will eat as much as 27 percent less than if you ate thickly sliced food, and this could be enough in itself to help you lose weight, or at least prevent you from putting it on. Not only that, but you’ll feel just as satisfied as you would have eating those larger slices too.
- Chew more. If you spend 30-60 seconds thoroughly chewing your food, not only will it go down easier and make it less likely that you’ll end up with digestive issues, but you’ll feel fuller far sooner, which means you’ll weigh less and those gym sessions won’t have to be quite as intense, unless you want them to be, of course.
- Keep your hands clean. You’d be shocked how many people do not clean their hands after cooking, or even worse, using the bathroom, but it’s a lot, and even those who do take the time to wash their hands don’t do it right, risking everything from colds, flu and diarrhea to Hepatitis A. So, make sure that you spend at least 30 seconds thoroughly washing your hands, using the right technique, which you can see at https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy, regularly. You’ll get sick far less often if you do.
- Swing a kettlebell. Buy the heaviest kettlebell you can handle and leave it in a high traffic area. Then, each day when you pass it, swing it for 60 seconds. Pretty soon you’ll notice that you’re getting stronger and looking a little better. It’s a very easy way to stay fit and active when you are time poor.
- Tilt Your rearview mirror. It literally only takes 10 seconds to tilt your rearview mirror into an upwards position and doing so will help you to maintain a safe and straight posture so that you’re less likely to end up with back and neck problems. You’ll have a better view of the vehicles behind you, which could help to prevent future car accidents too.
- Put socks on Before bed. Slip into a comfy pair of socks before you hit the hay and according to Swiss experts, you will fall asleep far faster than your peers whoa recounting sheep or whatever. You see, the warmer your hands and feet are, the more heat can leave the rest of your body, ensuring that your core temperature is perfect for sleep.
- Plank. Holding a plank for 60 seconds is one of those exercise challenges that does the rounds every once in a while. That’s because it is surprisingly challenging and a good way to boost your core, improve your posture, prevent pain, Give it a try and you should notice an improvement in the way you feel, even if it feels like torture at first.
Do you have any 60-second health boosters? Share them with us so more men can work on being their best in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee.