Networking goes hand in hand with becoming a successful person, especially if you happen to be running your own business. It’s unfortunate then that so many men are so unconfident of walking into a room and making their mark.
If you’re someone who knows that marketing is a very important part of being a successful man, but you don’t know how to do it well, or you fall fou to nerves whenever you try, check out these tips to being a better networker today:
- Take a class. You might think that it’s unnecessary, but taking a class or two in public speaking, or even in self-confidence building can do the world of good to up and coming businessmen and women everywhere. It can teach you how to get up in front of a room filled with anyone and be your most confident, persuasive best. If you aren’t confident, you will never do as well as you could, so do something about it now and change the course of your future.
- Find out who will be attending. If you’re attending an event, it always pays to look at the Exhibitor List or try to find out who has been invited, so that you can do some research on them, find out whic h guests you would like to get to know for the good of your business and your future prospects, and come up with some points of topic that are likel to enagge them, It might sound like cheating, but it helps you to be more efficient and get the most out of the networking events you choose to attend.
- Never arrive late. Yes, a lot of networking events are pretty boring for the most part when all is said and done, but you should still turn up on time every time, Why? Because when you’re at the event early it tends to be a lot calmer and you get to spend more time chatting to the people who are there in a relaxing and quiet environment which is perfect of making real connections.
- Let them do the talking. When you’re at an event, mingling with the other businessmen and women in your niche, fight the urge to talk all about yourself and your busienss, introduce yourself and then let them do the talking, Ask a few simple questions to show that you’ve been paying attention, and watch them give you their business card. You see, most people love to talk about themselves and people who are willing to listen to them do just that are usually viewed as being nice, kind, interesting people, without having to say very much at all.
- Be passionate. That being said, you should always try to let your passion and enthusiasm for what you do shine through, If you can create an exciting story about your busienss and share it with the people you meet, they will be just as invested as you and you will make some good connections.
Network better and you will do life, and business, better too.