Are you the owner of a small, yet very popular, beauty salon and spa? If so, you’ll want to do everything you can to set your salon and spa apart from chain stores as well as your other competition in the area. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to give your beauty salon and spa a leg-up on the competition. Here are some valuable tips:
- Answer calls promptly. Whether a person is calling your beauty salon and spa to make an appointment, ask a question or order a product, it’s a good idea to answer all your calls in a prompt manner. Answering your phone within three rings leaves clients with the impression that you operate a quality, professional business. You care about all of your clients and do not want to make them wait for service of any kind.
- Go the extra mile to make clients feel welcome. One of the easiest and most effective things you can do to help your beauty salon and spa to success is to smile at everyone who walks in and remind your staff members to do the same. When clients are smiled at, they feel welcome and get the impression that their business is appreciated. Another thing you can do is offer your clients coffee, water or soda while they’re in the waiting room. This is a courtesy many clients will appreciate. It’s just another way to let them know you’re glad they’re there. Other simple things you can do include making sure you have interesting reading material available in the waiting room, have free Wi-Fi service and keep your restrooms clean and well-stocked.
- Keep organized records.If you operate a popular salon and spa that means you have lots of client records to keep track of. A client’s record includes how often they visit, what sort of services they receive and how much they’ve spent at your business. In addition to personal contact information, records may also include special requests made by the client such as the stylist they prefer to work with. If you keep traditional paper records for your spa, you may want to look into GoCanvas massage apps. These can help make templates that garner all of the information you need for client records in a neat and efficient way. GoCanvas waiver apps are also available if you need those in the daily operations of your salon and spa.
- Maintain a neat business. A pleasant, neat atmosphere is essential to your business. Be sure to check the floors of your salon every hour or so and sweep up hair trimmings. Also, make sure towels and robes are folded neatly in the spa area of your business. Keeping track of the little details can help you leave every client with a favorable impression of your business.
- Follow-up with clients. Following-up with clients is an excellent move if you want to maintain a successful beauty salon and spa. This may mean giving a client a telephone call the next day to ask if they are happy with their new haircut, hair color or both. Or, it could mean sending out surveys to clients who’ve visited your spa. This is a great way to determine what you can do to make your business more appealing and efficient. If you have a social media page, look at the reviews and comments of your clients. Use both positive and negative feedback to take steps to make your beauty salon and spa even better.
There are many things you can do to help your clients enjoy themselves while they’re visiting your business. Clients who feel appreciated and welcome in your beauty salon and spa are very likely to come back to pay you another visit.
Note: I’ve never run a beauty spa, so this is a contributed post from an expert…enjoy!