Your Dad, in Two Words

Sponsored Content

About Tom Matlack

Tom Matlack is the co-founder of The Good Men Project. He has a 18-year-old daughter and 16- and 7-year-old sons. His wife, Elena, is the love of his life. Follow him on Twitter @TMatlack.

Comments

1. diana french says:

Two words, this is easy… Earth Angel. My dad is my hero in so many ways. He died too young, left too many broken hearts because we miss him. reminds me of an old country western song, “angel flying too close to the ground” Happy fathers day Dad. I love you forever and forever. Every good thing about my life has you in it somewhere.

2. Carolyn gordon says:

Wholeheartedly missed. He died 8 years ago, didn’t see me get married–I miss him every single day.

3. tolerable alcoholic

hate him when he’s drunk, tolerable when he’s not

4. Absentee Sadsack

He left my mother with two children. She has never stopped loving him. He didn’t know us growing up and now he really doesn’t know us because he has Alzheimer’s.

5. Jessica says:

Bleeding Heart.
    My father always let it be known how much he loved me and my family. Even after he died I still feel it today.

6. Crystal says:

Quiet thinker.

20. Smells safe

21. Ass Hole.

22. Chris Beveridge says:

Craftsmanship matters.

23. Da Man.

By the way, I love Junot. One of my favorite authors.

24. Rupinder Mangat says:

My Hero.

1. [...] Father’s Day is not all greeting cards and man-hugs. The relationship between a father and son (or daughter) is extraordinarily complex, as evidenced by our own view on the subject “Your Dad, in Two Words.” [...]

2. [...] Tom Matlack of the Good Men Project asked a number of famous men to describe their fathers in two words, he received responses that ranged from “vodka and charm” to “inherently [...]

3. [...] the Father’s Day weekend, I came across a post titled My Dad, In Two Words from The Good Men Project (@GoodMenProject on Twitter).  This post also spurred a discussion on [...]