Whiskey and ginger ale, also known as a highball or a whiskey and ginger, is the perfect cocktail for cold winter nights.
1. I love this drink, especially when it’s cold out. It’s quick & easy to make and goes great either as a cocktail or with late night snacks like freshly roasted chestnuts, bread and cheese—anything.
2. About whiskey: My favorite whiskey for this drink is Canadian blended whiskey like Canadian Club or Seagram’s Seven Crown, though I’ve seen this drink made with bourbon and even Irish whiskey. It all depends on what you like. As always, imagination is your only limit.
Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes
(for one tall drink)
3 Ounces Whiskey (I like using Canadian blended whiskey best for this, though any whiskey will work)
12 Ounce Tall Glass
1. Add 2 fingers (or 3 ounces) whiskey to a 12-ounce tall glass.
2. Fill the glass almost full with ice.
3. Add ginger ale, leaving enough room at the top of the glass so that you can stir the drink without spilling over.
4. Stir the drink gently with a long spoon.
Top with ice …
… and serve.
Images courtesy of Bruce Tretter